Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Managed payment won't let me pay my last Ebay monthly invoice in cad$ because I sell now in us$

I am activated with Managed Payment last week. I am canadian seller but decided to sell in us$. My account is now activated to receive payout in us$.Before Managed Payment, I received ebay invoice to pay their monthly fees in cad$. I received this we...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Aeropost Scam

Just wanted to throw this out there as a warning and to see if anyone has advice on how to win this. Scam works like this: Buyer has the package sent to a freight forwarder (Aeropost in this case, which I think is a legit forwarder) but they purposel...

• 5 replies
  • 3 helpful

Need guidance on INR case WITH tracking to the USA

i've had several INR cases opened where there is no tracking number, during my selling career. The current procedure is i have 3 business days to refund. If i do not, Ebay automatically closes the case in the buyer's favour and i get a defect. What h...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

List of Saved Sellers is all screwed up

I wish eBay would stop trying new & improved things all the time. The newest glitch is the list of Saved Sellers. It used to be in a nice straight forward list in alphabetical order. Now there are numerous boxes side by side with each seller in no pa...

Does anyone know for certain how i change my country of Registration? Must do before sign up for MP

i originally signed up on Ebay 21 years ago, in 2000 and as a result, my country of registration is in the US, even though i live in Canada and always have. Up until now this has not been an issue, in fact i didn't even know my country of Registratio...

• 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

Managed Payment question

Why after you have given all your bank informations they come back asking for a picture of your driver license to verify your identity?Any reasons and has anyone also had to do that? Thanks for any answers

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

ebay charging me again for funds I owe?

I sold an item earlier this month and I just got a notice saying ebay is charging me for funds I owe, it saidWe’re preparing to charge your bank account ending in **** for funds you owe. The reason for the charge is because you don’t have enough avai...

• 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Positive Thought on Managed Payment

Well , i think there not enough idea, a lot of whinning, me being first. But then i remember, we alway are reticent to change , but we should not . Mainly the concern of privacy ,is not one. I think its the fact we cant get the money directly. And fo...

Managed payments debacle

I have been selling for 14 yrs and since I didn't immediately sign up for their new payment plan have been unable to list any new items for sale. In the past two weeks I have called live support 6 times and all I get are promises and no action on rem...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! When to get MP payments deposited?

What is the advantage of getting MP payments bi-weekly or weekly? I thought you want to see if the payments have been deposited.

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question concerning Managed Payments

When I first registered on Ebay.com when there was no such thing as Ebay Canada. I only sell in US dollars and only on the US site. I also have an Ebay Store on the US site. I did at one time sell on the Canadian site, but only a few items (with this...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

NOT receiving Payment Notifications

I recently got switched to Managed Payments.At first I was receiving email notifications for Payments Received. Then I started receiving email notifications for both Item Sold and Payment Received (which was overkill), now I am receiving ZERO email n...

Item not showing up in search?

We are a top rated seller, and listed an item over the weekend, with title "X Y Z A B C Q". It has not been selling at *all*, despite us having the cheapest price, and the most inventory. Today, I tried searching the available listings using several ...

%age of Sellers Who Have Switched to Managed Payments

Has anyone seen statistics regarding the percentage of sellers who have switched to Managed Payments? Over the last few months, I've noticed that sellers have received a variety of dates by which they need to make the switch. And to anyone who has no...

• 34 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Bad ebay invoicing on sales

Well ain't that special... sold 101 photo negs (old glass, cool, heavy,) my ebay shows the 101 sold items.Hovever when I try to send invoice and only shows 40 of the sold items. yes refreshed, cleared cashe, singed out then back in,restarted computer...

Well they FINALLY disabled my listing/editing ability

Although it took them 13 days to accomplish that after telling me they'd already done it. I think ebay's marketing department that dreamed up MP doesn't actually communicate with their technical department and so the quality of implementation has bee...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Buyer From Germany Wants to Pay via E-Transfer

I have a buyer in Germany who wants to pay directly into my bank account as opposed to PP. She asked for banking information but could she just do the transfer via my email address or phone number? I know it wasn't possible in the past but things hav...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

managed payments

So...I like listing on .com because USD is stronger than CAD . Plus when listing on .ca Ebay converts to usd for any US customers. And thats a huge red flag for buyers in my opinion. US buyer is looking at your listing and see's $67.83 and is like " ...

Resolved! social security number for MP

I thought I had finished signing up for MP, now they are asking for my social security number. Do I have to give that?

• 27 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Why is eBay doing this?

Checked my seller dashboard and noticed I had a late shipment defect. The buyer had left very good feedback so I enquired with the buyer as to what had happened. The buyer advised me he simply followed the question asked of him by eBay as to whether ...

The "Update your seller account details for Managed Payments OR ELSE" messages

First Ebay tells me sign up for managed payments by April 30... OR ELSE. I don't sign up. Next Ebay tells me sign up for managed payments by May 31...OR ELSE. I don't sign up. Today Ebay sent first a message to sign up for managed payments by June 15...

• 17 replies
  • 1 helpful

Managed Payments - Won't accept U.S. bank account

I'm a Canadian resident with a U.S.-based bank account as I frequently work and travel to the United States. I have no U.S. residential address. I just tried to sign up for eBay Managed Payments and it will not let me add a U.S. bank account with a C...

• 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

Considering ending my store subscription

When I opened my store years ago and the standard for a non store seller was 10 listings per month (if I remember correctly), the store made sense. I'm not a prolific seller though and struggle to maintain much over 100 items for sale at given time. ...

Reveal ID of Buyers who leave negatives too sellers

Ebay should reveal the Ebay ID of Bidders/Buyers who continuosly leave Negative feedback too sellers for reasons the Seller can decide are not justified. I noticed that if you check feedback of other sellers there are negative feedbacks that the ID o...

• 2 replies
  • 1 helpful
Labels
Most Helpful Authors