Forum Posts

Shipping Labels Error: Update

We appreciate everyone reaching out about this technical error and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Our IT Team is currently working to repair the root cause of this issue. We appreciate your patience while we work diligently to resto...

FAQ's for Canada Post Expedited Lite for Collectibles

Hi everyone! With our recnect annoucment of Canada Post Expedidted Lite for Collectibles there have been some questions that have been brought up here throughout Community. The Shipping team has put together a FAQ list to share with eveyone here: FAQ...

Being Scammed by buyers on lower priced items where tracking is not practical

So I am being scammed by buyers on a regular basis, it is the only explanation as I have been selling on Facebook sites for a year and yet to have one shipment go missing. Payments are made by emt or friends and family PayPal. I have also purchased h...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

ETransfers to $US Bank Account

I opened an American account in preparation for Managed Payments. Does anyone here know if it's possible to do e-transfers from the US in $US to the American account?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Act now and Get $15 to Spend

Got this message today in my Seller Hub:Act now and Get $15 to SpendUpdate your account details by May 18 to score a coupon I guess they really want me to sign up for MP.

• 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

Selling a high value item without being scammed?

I am a very seasoned seller, been doing it for years, but I mainly sell low value items. I have been scammed quite a few times thanks to "buyer" protections, mainly "not recieved" claimed, due to the item being sent without tracking, lettermail or 1s...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

6 months of work and stock gone :(

If we go through the trouble of creating a business, licensing, registration, obtaining a business account, using our own money to acquire inventory, creating partnerships with shipping retailers... then what happens when the platform you've worked o...

Listing problems

When listing, every time immediately after I enter the shipping weight and size, the listing shuts down and becomes a draft. Sometimes the draft will then continue on properly by allowing me to choose shipping options and provides calculated shipping...

WWYD - how would you advise or would you?

I sold a CD today and when I went to check it on my computer it wouldn't recognize the CD. I tried in on a stand alone Asus CD DVD writer and also a laptop and it worked fine. It works fine in a stereo. Would you mention that to the buyer?

Discussion Thread with eBay rep

There used to be a group discussion where sellers could ask an eBay rep questions and it was held every Wednesday morning. Is that still going on? If so, how and where does one join in?

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

About MP - a friend was told.........

A friend was told they are withdrawing their MP invites for now. People do not need to register yet. (In Canada?) So why am I unable to continue adding listings & edit if I don't have to sign up yet??? Let me get more sales before I'm done with this ...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can someone explain this?

I sold an item on ebay.com for US $ to a US buyer and I get paid in US$. The item sold for $12.99 plus 4.75 shipping for a total of $17.74. That is $3.28 in fees and I haven't even paid for shipping. I paid 2 final value fees, I assume on the item an...

interfee.jpg

Issue with eBay message system?

Had a potential buyer inquire today about purchasing accelerated shipping. When I tried to reply, I get this message : "The question you're trying to answer is either invalid or older than 90 days. You cannot respond to questions older than 90 days."...

Resolved! Can I sue Ebay?

I am furious with eBays system for handling false returns, the eBay money-back guarantee and taking a side with the buyer when it is clearly the buyer's fault here. I sold a Dell XPS 12 on eBay and specifically marked No Returns, but a buyer somehow ...

Managed payment won't let me pay my last Ebay monthly invoice in cad$ because I sell now in us$

I am activated with Managed Payment last week. I am canadian seller but decided to sell in us$. My account is now activated to receive payout in us$.Before Managed Payment, I received ebay invoice to pay their monthly fees in cad$. I received this we...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Aeropost Scam

Just wanted to throw this out there as a warning and to see if anyone has advice on how to win this. Scam works like this: Buyer has the package sent to a freight forwarder (Aeropost in this case, which I think is a legit forwarder) but they purposel...

• 5 replies
  • 3 helpful

Need guidance on INR case WITH tracking to the USA

i've had several INR cases opened where there is no tracking number, during my selling career. The current procedure is i have 3 business days to refund. If i do not, Ebay automatically closes the case in the buyer's favour and i get a defect. What h...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

List of Saved Sellers is all screwed up

I wish eBay would stop trying new & improved things all the time. The newest glitch is the list of Saved Sellers. It used to be in a nice straight forward list in alphabetical order. Now there are numerous boxes side by side with each seller in no pa...

Does anyone know for certain how i change my country of Registration? Must do before sign up for MP

i originally signed up on Ebay 21 years ago, in 2000 and as a result, my country of registration is in the US, even though i live in Canada and always have. Up until now this has not been an issue, in fact i didn't even know my country of Registratio...

• 10 replies
  • 1 helpful

Managed Payment question

Why after you have given all your bank informations they come back asking for a picture of your driver license to verify your identity?Any reasons and has anyone also had to do that? Thanks for any answers

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

ebay charging me again for funds I owe?

I sold an item earlier this month and I just got a notice saying ebay is charging me for funds I owe, it saidWe’re preparing to charge your bank account ending in **** for funds you owe. The reason for the charge is because you don’t have enough avai...

• 21 replies
  • 0 helpful

Positive Thought on Managed Payment

Well , i think there not enough idea, a lot of whinning, me being first. But then i remember, we alway are reticent to change , but we should not . Mainly the concern of privacy ,is not one. I think its the fact we cant get the money directly. And fo...

Managed payments debacle

I have been selling for 14 yrs and since I didn't immediately sign up for their new payment plan have been unable to list any new items for sale. In the past two weeks I have called live support 6 times and all I get are promises and no action on rem...

• 12 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! When to get MP payments deposited?

What is the advantage of getting MP payments bi-weekly or weekly? I thought you want to see if the payments have been deposited.

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question concerning Managed Payments

When I first registered on Ebay.com when there was no such thing as Ebay Canada. I only sell in US dollars and only on the US site. I also have an Ebay Store on the US site. I did at one time sell on the Canadian site, but only a few items (with this...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

NOT receiving Payment Notifications

I recently got switched to Managed Payments.At first I was receiving email notifications for Payments Received. Then I started receiving email notifications for both Item Sold and Payment Received (which was overkill), now I am receiving ZERO email n...

Item not showing up in search?

We are a top rated seller, and listed an item over the weekend, with title "X Y Z A B C Q". It has not been selling at *all*, despite us having the cheapest price, and the most inventory. Today, I tried searching the available listings using several ...

%age of Sellers Who Have Switched to Managed Payments

Has anyone seen statistics regarding the percentage of sellers who have switched to Managed Payments? Over the last few months, I've noticed that sellers have received a variety of dates by which they need to make the switch. And to anyone who has no...

• 34 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels