buy canadian promo

I got this from ebay on the 8th of September- has anyone seen anything on ebay's site addressing this?

The Canada Post uncertainty made it a tough summer for many sellers. But with that behind us, it’s time to start listing the great inventory buyers are looking for.

To highlight your great Canadian inventory, eBay will launch a “Buy Canadian” event on September 19th.

Message 1 of 99
latest reply
98 REPLIES 98

buy canadian promo

I'd click on it, thinking there was some kind of coupon waiting for me. Like financial incentive to Buy Canadian.

It is a nice graphic: fall leaves twisting in the wind.
Message 21 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

so I clicked on the Cdn banner and on the left chose crafts and did a search for Laura Perin charts which I sell, this is the results

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=&LH_PrefLoc=1&_osacat=14339&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l131...

as you can see, I'm on the top as Canadian, then there's a bunch of US and UK sellers and I'm on the bottom again- so my question is, why are the US and UK sellers even showing up in this search, they are obviously not Cdn and at the very top it says Canada Only

Message 22 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Are they shipping from Canada? Item location was the determining factor for this promo.
Message 23 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Or do you mean the 65+ shown after the break as International Sellers?
Message 24 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

no, the UK ones are shipping from the UK, didn't check all the US ones since some of those could be cdn sellers

Message 25 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

yes, on the Canada ONLY setting at the top and side, and using the banner is showing 65+ international and then under that you see my listings again

Message 26 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

There is some magic number eBay uses to return International Listings after a page break if they determine there is not enough local selection. It's been like that as long as I can recall, so I don't think this is any different. This Buy Canadian promo is not as much an Event as it is some banners on the home page leading to Canada Only pre-selected as a search filter.
Message 27 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

but my point is that my other items are below the international- they should be up at the top with the others since they should default to Cdn items

Message 28 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Those are the ones eBay considers 'related to' though. Those 'similar to' results always go underneath the international options as far as I can recall. If you think they should be returned with the ones at the top, it might be an internal search or item specifics or sub-category mismatch.
Message 29 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Maybe because the item title reads Perrin instead of Laura Perrin like your exact search term.
Message 30 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Perin one R sorry typo.
Message 31 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

yes, that's probably the reason, still on a Canada only search I would think that the international would be below all cdn items regardless....of course that would be sensible and we are talking ebay

Message 32 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

buy canadian promo

I have no idea what i am looking at. 

Message 34 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Oh, you mean because the seller is located in China but says they ship from Montreal.

The location in Canada was the only criteria for this Buy Canadian Promo.

And a seller will get into hot water for misrepresenting Item Location, not to mention there would be problems with Late Shipment Defects potentially. 

Message 35 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Oh and also their winter coats cost, like, $7. 

With Free Shipping.

Message 36 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

.....aaaaaannnnnnnd they're selling like hot cakes.......

Message 37 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

Real fur, and duck down. 

Sigh. 

Message 38 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

lol
Message 39 of 99
latest reply

buy canadian promo

just got an email from ebay with a flash coupon for $10 off purchase over $50 but it's only for today- they should have done it for at least 2 days, not everyone will see it in time

Message 40 of 99
latest reply