buyer telling me he was double charged

So someone bought an item Friday afternoon and I did not send it because it was late to be rushing to get 1 item out.. 

Now I ship the item today and he is telling me he is double charged I looked at his Paypal email and he was only charged once.

Is this a scam or something..

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'll also add this guy has bought 10 items and has left 5 negatives (in general not to me ) He also refuses to send messages through ebay hes doing it through regular email. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I looked at his Paypal email and he was only charged once.

Did you check your actual Paypal account? If there is just one payment  there then explain to him through ebay messages that you only received one payment and since Paypal won't give you any info about a buyer's account, he will have to contact them himself.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I looked at recent payments from his Paypal email. There is one sent from him.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

But for all you know there was another email that you didn't receive that showed he was charged again. That's why I suggested that you check your paypal account. I doubt that he was but you should know that for a fact before you reply to him.

Personally, I think that it is a good idea to know a payment is an your account (or being held by Paypal if you are new) before sending out an item.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Ask your buyer to give you the two PayPal reference numbers. If they can actually provide two number but only one is showing in your account then maybe you can contact PayPal to ask why your buyer sees two payments but you only see one.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Idk if were on the same page.

I am on my Paypal account I just looked up his Paypal email address in my payments received. Like I said there is one payment from him. I did not do it on my email I did it through paypal

@recped

ok thanks will do that.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

lol got it.

I thought that you were saying you were only looking at the email you received from Paypal when payment was made. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@videogamezstore wrote:

I'll also add this guy has bought 10 items and has left 5 negatives (in general not to me ) He also refuses to send messages through ebay hes doing it through regular email. 

At the risk of being rude, the buyer sounds like a bit of a nitwit. Probably he bought two of the same item from different sellers and thinks both payments went to you. If you mail him something, do yourself a favour and put tracking on it. The 50 per cent rate of negatives is cause for concern. I wouldn't want him giving me a 'case of the red spots', since it seems to be spread by him. Infectious. But, yes, ask for the Paypal transaction numbers. 

In fairness, I did once freak-out a bit because I saw two $342 charges on my account within the same week BUT it was actually two different transactions. One was $342.78 and the other $342.13 and they went to different sellers but came to the same amount because one transaction was in CAD and the other converted from USD. There are coincidences like that. It could be that your buyer is making an innocent mistake like I did. When you use paypal and the funds are drawn from your bank account, it is unfortunately very vague as to which paypal transaction is being referenced. Unlike your credit card which gives the name of the seller. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Already shipped without tracking , he has not answered me yet.  : / I'll ask if he bought something else. I checked all this after it was shipped. Tbh idk why eBay allows someone to leave so much negative feedback and still buy items.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last night I made the payments for 2 separate items and they don't show up on my PayPal until 6 hours later which was unusual. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply