cad on ebay.ca bull**bleep**

who is the brain child that thought this one up, been buying and selling for years in USD now they change to out volatile **bleep**ty CAD

non of my customers even know what a Canadian dollar is worth and when they see that my price is more money in cad they are gona pass me by

not to mention i buy in USD how can i sell on CND when its up and down everyday **bleep** am i supposed to watch the dollar all day and adjust my price ?????????????

i spend $150k a year here and sell im so **bleep** off im about to close my account that ive had for years and worked hard to make

100% feedback in sales only 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

i think u missunderstand ebay is now making canadians list on ebay.ca and list in cnd **bleep** dollars i buy and sell in usd

1rst call to ebay was a loss cause

2nd one i made my account on dot com and re registered my account with a usa addy also took ebay to get this done as 

they know where u live would assume by isp

i can't just relist my items or sell similar i have to start a new listing all together

but works now

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What is the problem?

You have been listing in US$ showing shipping from Blaine WA

There is nothing preventing you to continue doing the same thing.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Closing your account t is unnecessary. Instead, try using the Migration Tool to shift your listings to ebay.com so you can continue losing in USD if that is what is important to you. 

More information: http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/05/27/7781/

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If you only have two listings on eBay. Canada 

End the listings on eBay Canada.

and start new listings in US dollars on eBay.com.

Forget about the Migration Tool

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have been away and missed the date to convert my auctions to CDN currency.Now I am discovering that I cannot relist my unsold auctions in bulk.Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I'm in Canada of course.I dread the thought of re-listing 2000 auctions one at a time

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

i think u missunderstand ebay is now making canadians list on ebay.ca and list in cnd **bleep** dollars i buy and sell in usd

1rst call to ebay was a loss cause

2nd one i made my account on dot com and re registered my account with a usa addy also took ebay to get this done as 

they know where u live would assume by isp

i can't just relist my items or sell similar i have to start a new listing all together

but works now

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

No.

If you want to list on eBay Canada, you have to use Canadian dollars.

But any member can list on any site  -in the national currency of that site.

Your listings on eBaydotCOM must be in US dolars.

Your listings on eBaydotCOdotUK must be in sterling.

Your listings on eBaydotDE must be in euros.

And since June 2, your listings on eBaydotCA must be in Canadian dollars.

You don't have to close your dotCOM listings just because you live in Canada.

You have a choice.

Actually I think you have over 50 choices, since there are over 50 eBay national sites.

If your listing is on eBay Canada, you do have to use Canadian dollars.

But if your listing is on eBaydotCOM, you should be able to relist or sell similar just as you have been in US dollars.

And since it looks like you have only one listing and it ships from the USA, I really don't understand your problem.

There is no need to panic.

If it is one eBayCANADA and ends before it sells, just go to ebay.com and make a new listing. Don't try to use the Migration Tool. It's useless. Faster to do a single listing manually.

I hope you were smarter than me and saved the photos.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

and missed the date to convert my auctions to CDN currency.

If your listings are GTC, you have until August. So not so much pressure.

There is a migration tool. It appears to be **bleep**.

I've been changing my listings as they come to the end of their monthly GTC listing.

Manually .

One at a time.

But only about 8 or 10 a day.

EBay is moving them to my Unsolds as this happens.

There are three important changes to make.

The relisting (or Sell Similar ) form will tell you to switch the currency to CDN.

Scroll down -- it may remind you about UPC codes -- but there is a Does Not Apply option.

Scroll down-- adjust your price for exchange.

Scroll down-- does the shipping look good ?

And click on List.

It took longer to type that that it does to do it. So over the next month, I'll spend maybe 20 minutes a day updating 'closed' listings.

Annoying but nothing more.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply