combine shipping problem

Hello, I have a buyer who already paid for one item and is waiting for my auction to end in three days and if she is the winning bidder would like me to combine shipping.  I have never done this but have read that when you go to enter the same tracking number for two different items a message saying '' this tracking number has already been used'' comes up. Also because she asked me not to ship the first item already paid for till the auction ends in three days I will no doubt look like I  didn't ship in time and the item will arrive to her approx. 4 days late.

Please help I just starting selling in December 2016 and have a lot to learn.

Thank you,

Walter

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

combine shipping problem

For sure you can use the same tracking number for different items within or outside the same invoice payment, I do it all the time.

Regarding the late shipping that is a different dilemma. If it were me, I would not put the tracking number on the one that would make it late and/or send a message to the buyer asking them to not respond "no" when they fill out the "did it arrive on time" for that item because the delay was a result of waiting on the other item being auctioned ending a few days later.

For what you are selling I expect you'll have a positive/helpful buyer....but one never knows!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

combine shipping problem

hlmacdon
Community Member

@walteratk-0 wrote:

I have never done this but have read that when you go to enter the same tracking number for two different items a message saying '' this tracking number has already been used'' comes up. Also because she asked me not to ship the first item already paid for till the auction ends in three days I will no doubt look like I  didn't ship in time and the item will arrive to her approx. 4 days late.

Thank you,

Walter

As long as the buyer uses the same account ID it won't be a problem to use the same tracking number. The only instance where I run into a problem with this is if a buyer uses the guest checkout several times in a row which can result in the generation of different user id's. If you end up with a late shipping defect you can call into ebay to have it removed on the grounds that you held the shipment at the buyer's request. CSR's have no trouble with removing the defect when it is results from you taking care of a customer's request.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

combine shipping problem

For sure you can use the same tracking number for different items within or outside the same invoice payment, I do it all the time.

Regarding the late shipping that is a different dilemma. If it were me, I would not put the tracking number on the one that would make it late and/or send a message to the buyer asking them to not respond "no" when they fill out the "did it arrive on time" for that item because the delay was a result of waiting on the other item being auctioned ending a few days later.

For what you are selling I expect you'll have a positive/helpful buyer....but one never knows!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

combine shipping problem

hlmacdon
Community Member

@walteratk-0 wrote:

I have never done this but have read that when you go to enter the same tracking number for two different items a message saying '' this tracking number has already been used'' comes up. Also because she asked me not to ship the first item already paid for till the auction ends in three days I will no doubt look like I  didn't ship in time and the item will arrive to her approx. 4 days late.

Thank you,

Walter

As long as the buyer uses the same account ID it won't be a problem to use the same tracking number. The only instance where I run into a problem with this is if a buyer uses the guest checkout several times in a row which can result in the generation of different user id's. If you end up with a late shipping defect you can call into ebay to have it removed on the grounds that you held the shipment at the buyer's request. CSR's have no trouble with removing the defect when it is results from you taking care of a customer's request.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

combine shipping problem

Thank you so very much !! I seem to be getting a lot of interesting requests lately, I still have lots to learn!!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply