eBay CANNOT BE TRUSTED!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was upgrading some of my listings and was shocked to see one of my books that has totally different photo that was inserted by eBay itself!!

I used eBay stock photos only for the new items and I did that and then today I found out eBay inserted a totally different photo from the actual photo of my book.  How dare eBay would cause us problems like the buyer would open "item not as described" or is that eBay's purpose to cause problems for us.

If eBay has different stock photos, that is fine, consider it as a different version but DON'T insert it to replace the actual image of my book!!

To me it looks as if eBay was hacking into my auctions??  eBay get out!  Leave my things along as they are.

Because of that I no longer want to use eBay's features like stock photos, pre-filled information by eBay catalogue as they are not trusted and from now on I will take photos of my items even the newest items to protect myself!!  Sheesh eBay!!

It seems that lately eBay is causing lots of grief with so much so-called gltiches, etc, etc. etc.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you have the book in hand, why bother with stock photos at all?

Use a scanned image, easy to do and an accurate picture.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

And you can get some of the information you can't find in the book itself on addall.com /used
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

At first I thought it was cool to use pre-filled by eBay book catalogue and their stock photo (very large and clear) and then to my horrific eBay changed things and I had over 100 to revise which is time consuming and I am NOT being paid while eBay is being paid to screw our lives and give us the grief!   So from now on cannot trust eBay ever again!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Good day, 

Is it just your pictures that eBay is changing?

I reported a similar problem almost 2 weeks ago where eBay is creating and replacing OUR business polices (Payment, shipping, return) on our listings and leaving them in a state that is not functional for anyone to proceed with a purchase. Repairing the listings will last for minutes to hours before listings will be modified by eBay again. 

Our reported problem is still unresolved and occurring even today.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply