eBay Invoice for Unsold Item

eBay just invoiced me $11.50 today or an item that I had sold on Oct.10th but was not paid for. I've been communicating with the buyer and after over 5 days of back and fourths, he has agreed to cancel the transaction (case I opened Oct. 15th) but he has yet to cancel it. Am I to pay eBay this $11.50 and they will refund me once the case closes? How does this work exactly?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK thanks. It's been awaiting his action on my cancellation (buyer error) since the 15th. On the 22nd I will close it myself if they have not responded. For now, I will not pay the invoice. Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You have to either file a cancellation or file an unpaid item claim. The buyer will be asked to agree to the cancellation once you file it and then your fees will be credited to your account.  If they don't reply, you can close it in 7 days.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Provided the reason for the cancellation was buyer error (and that you indicated that reason when you processed the cancellation), you should get your FVFs back once the cancellation is concluded/closed. 

If the buyer doesn't accept the cancellation on his own, you can close it 7 days after it was opened.  You can check the status on your Dashboard.  Make sure you check after day 7 and do it if your buyer hasn't. 

If the cancellation was not done at the buyer's request, and/or the "wrong" reason was chosen, you may find your FVFs won't be credited back (and you'll get a defect).  Cancellations were, up until the recent changes under the Fall Seller Update, still a bit of a grey area where defects were concerned, but hopefully that has now improved.

Check your account details a few days after the cancellation is closed to see if you've been credited.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

OK thanks. It's been awaiting his action on my cancellation (buyer error) since the 15th. On the 22nd I will close it myself if they have not responded. For now, I will not pay the invoice. Thanks
Message 4 of 4
latest reply