eBay Resurrects Cashback to Keep Shoppers Coming Back

2 REPLIES 2

Interesting -- why now I wonder? 

And what exactly does this mean: "According to one affiliate, eBay initially offered greatly reduced commissions with the resurrection of the program, though it has since increased commissions significantly - though still greatly reduced relative to pre-2011 levels."  Are they talking about seller fees (FVFs)? 

I noticed that the listing management site I use (Auctiva) has offered an eBay reward/rebate programme to sellers for some time -- they call it "MyStoreRewards".  I don't have the volume to consider this, but I wonder if this sort of thing is completely separate, or in addition to, the cashback promotions that apply to all purchases on eBay?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebay pays a % of the fees to affiliate sites who send traffic here that result in a purchase.    They've lowered the payout over the years (like amzn and everyone else who used to pay crazy high amounts in the early days of online shopping), and stopped allowing the cashback sites in the usa to pass anything on to the customers.  

In canada they've allowed it all along.  gcr pays 36% of the FVF back to the buyer, ebates generally 1% of the purchase on .ca only, airmiles keeps the cash and gives "miles".      Other sites that have banners or links to ebay get the payment and keep it all. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply