eBay.ca and eBay.com sites not working - slow if at all 11 pm PT Sunday and on

Miserable site with terrible response time if at all. Selling Manager not working at all. Started at 11 pm Pacific time (I was only on 5 minutes when it went bad) and still not working properly at 1:50 AM PT. Can't view my listings or any listings.

Wow, eBay is so %@%$#% the past month or so.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My Internet was down since I posted the last message above.  It turns out to a local area ISP hardware issue affecting my small area (a few city blocks) that supposedly has been fixed as of now. Wait and see.

My issue had nothing to do with eBay. My issue would allow me to connect to some sites but not to ebay so I wrongly concluded that eBay had issues.

I am posting this in case someone else has issues with eBay and think my issue is similar to what they might be having.

PS My ISP customer support representative that I spoke to for an hour this morning troubleshooting my issue called me back and left a message saying that it was not my computer or home but their issue and they were cancelling the service call I had booked for Thursday afternoon. Amazing, I never had any CSR call back as a followup in my life, not even when they said they would. This CSR took the initiative to call back. Stunned here.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I wasn't online last night, thankfully, to experience this. 

As a group of millions upon millions of sellers, I really think we need to band together to DEMAND that ebay shift its 'big plans' for the site to the first quarter of each year. This is make-it-of-break-it time. It's ludicrous to think a brick and mortar store would pick October November December to arbitrarily resurface the parking lot, rip off and replace the roof, and redo the electrical and plumbing. 'Customers? We don't need no stink in' customers! I got this big plan for a shiny new doorknob..... and big-screen TV for the change rooms. Unfortunately, I'll need to shut down the entire store at random intervals for twelve weeks to do that.' 

This is not the time of year to overhaul anything. Add some tinsel, fine.

Those programmers need to be redeployed. As do the people who told them to start this work now. 

The alternative is that the site is crashing and all buggy DESPITE their efforts which then begs the question, 'Who or what is actually responsible for it?'

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Still having issues with ebay and some other sites. It may be my ISP Shaw. I spent 1+ hour on the phone with them and they are sending a technician on Thursday. Some sites work, some do not. I ran malware checking on my computer tested okay but I have issues with the iPad as well connecting.

Most likely not an eBay issue.

Right now is the first time since last that I have been able to get back to these forums and log into eBay.ca. Maybe my ISP fixed something after I got off the phone. I don't know.

Just posting this followup in case someone has similar issues with Shaw in the Vancouver Coquitlam area. Also to post that it may not be an eBay issue at all.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I have not had any problems so far today.....

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have been running okay on eBay and the forums since I posted above. Maybe my ISP found and fixed the issue ??

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

My Internet was down since I posted the last message above.  It turns out to a local area ISP hardware issue affecting my small area (a few city blocks) that supposedly has been fixed as of now. Wait and see.

My issue had nothing to do with eBay. My issue would allow me to connect to some sites but not to ebay so I wrongly concluded that eBay had issues.

I am posting this in case someone else has issues with eBay and think my issue is similar to what they might be having.

PS My ISP customer support representative that I spoke to for an hour this morning troubleshooting my issue called me back and left a message saying that it was not my computer or home but their issue and they were cancelling the service call I had booked for Thursday afternoon. Amazing, I never had any CSR call back as a followup in my life, not even when they said they would. This CSR took the initiative to call back. Stunned here.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Off topic: which ISP? I have been dealing with Telus lately and their CSR has been great 🙂
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:
Off topic: which ISP? I have been dealing with Telus lately and their CSR has been great 🙂

Shaw Cable.

I have found the Shaw CSR on the phone great and the technicians that come to the house excellent. They fixed up any issues and make improvements whenever they came to the house. No complaints with the CSRs or technicians.

I was surprised that the Shaw CSR actually called back on his own. No promise to do that. Probably called because he was cancelling the technician coming on Thursday so I do not wait for the tech. But still was impressed they called back.

As for my problem, I am up and running for a few hours now. All seems okay.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply