eBay is a mess!

I received a message from a U.S. buyer on the weekend asking why I was blocking her from bidding as she had no strikes against her in the past 12 months.  Now I know I have to take her word on that because I have no way of knowing.  However, she has purchased many many items from other sellers recently.  If she had strikes they would most likely have her blocked too.  I gave her the benefit of the doubt and put her on my blocked bidders exemption list.

So far she has bid and won several items.  She also wanted to make some Buy It Now purchases.  I had to explain that there was a glitch which could prevent her from buying without immediate payment and told her to try using the back arrow.  She emailed me today and said that did not work for her and that she couldn't put it in the shopping cart.  So I had to explain to her that there is yet another glitch which eBay has acknowledged regarding there being no shopping cart in Canada.  I told her try logging in to .ca instead of .com and then just wait for me to revise the shipping before paying.  They will not combine with the other items purchased on .com so she will have to make separate payments.  I told her to let me know if it worked and thanked her for her patience through all of this.  I am waiting for her response.

The buyer said a few sellers have lost her business because she was blocked from buying and they did not answer her emails.

So to summarize, I had to explain 3 different glitches or possible glitches that she is experiencing by purchasing from me.  What a wonderful "buying experence" eBay is giving her!

How many others have tried to make a purchase and could not?  How many sales have we all lost because of these glitches?  It's bad enough that eBay is constantly making changes that we have to try to keep up with but this is ridiculous!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eBay is a mess!

nan*55
Community Member

Very frustrating 😞

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

There are many ID's on my blocked buyer list.

These are the only buyers that have been blocked.

No other criteria for blocking a buyer  have been added to my account.

Other sellers may do so as well... only use the Blocked buyers list

There is also an option that a seller can use,  effectively preventing a blocked buyer from communicating with a seller.... only blocked buyers are affected, I believe...

If someone is blocked, they must understand  that is so....

and if a blocked buyer uses another ID to buy, effectively bypassing a block,  they can be in trouble by doing so....I once had this happen, but without any negative consequence.

Many buyers do not understand that they can be blocked... prevented... from buying from a specific seller...

That is what should happen... effectively protecting a seller from further negative consequences...

Blocking certain buyers is a seller's choice....

and...

Buyers should understand  that sellers have this option....whether a buyer likes it or not...

Many buyers do not understand that too many negative buys... not paid... negative communication  ....negative feedback... and more ... can effectively block them from buying from many sellers on eBay

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I don't think this buyer has any strikes against her.  She has received FB from 27 different seller so far this month alone.  I think it is another eBay glitch.  I could be wrong since there is no way of knowing for sure but based on the quantity of items she buys and the number of FB she has received I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

I do have my preferences set to block buyers with too many unpaid item strikes.  If they send a polite request I usually unblock them.  This buyer was never on my own BB list.

There are so many glitches on eBay right now I just don't trust the system.  This buyer obviously buys A LOT of stuff on eBay and I don't want a buyer like that blocked because of a possible glitch.

I may temporarily change my preferences, though, just in case it is a glitch.  Thanks for the idea cumos.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

No there is an issue going on here .. I had one buyer buy 1 item then go to buy a second and they got blocked the buyer send me the message as to why they were blocked and it had something to do with countries and laws etc but they are from Canada so none of it made any sense and when I asked about it nobody on ebay customer service could figure it out as my block buyer settings are very limited and they only were blocked after 1 purchase and NO I do not have any settings to block amount buyer can buyer in a set amount of days...

Ebay has been brutal lately with alot of things but that is just the way the cookie crumbles I guess

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I brought up this subject on the Weekly Board Hour and Kalvin is looking into it for me.  It would be very helpful to him if you would email him and let him know you are having the same problem as he thought that perhaps it was specific to my one buyer.

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Were they shopping on the French Canadian ebay?  I've heard of buyers not being able to buy something because the site thinks they are in Europe and France does have some restrictions.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

My customer was in the U.S.   He didn't see any alerts about buying from a different country, only that he was blocked from bidding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply