eBay messes up Search (even more than it already was)

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2016/8/1472387297.html

I went to do some searches today and what would previously return maybe 50 new items now returns thousands. 

It looks like search is now by title AND description. Whether this is something eBay has decided to implement or just another screw up from the morons who support the search functionality is unknown. Maybe this is related to eBay's new venture into AI ... we tell you what we think you want instead of giving you what you asked for. 

HELLO EBAY ... some of us don't have time to dig through thousands of listings to find something to buy. We have very specific targeted searches coded for a reason. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

What happens when you switch from Best Match to Highest Price First?

(On the basis that it is easier to drill down through dozens of listings to your price point than to wade up through hundreds of misdescribed,fake and spammy listings.)

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

My searches are all set to show newly listed items first. That way if there are 10 or 20 newly listed items I can quickly scan them and move on or hit refresh on the page to see what has just been listed. Today there were thousands of new items listed on many of the searches I have saved (I no longer use the eBay Searches you follow page - I save the searches as Chrome bookmarks so I can name them as I like and organize them as I like). The regular eBay search pages were also giving the same results when I checked them. Deleting all eBay cookies seemed to fix it, for now. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply