eBay removals without your knowing??

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if any of you noticed that some of your listings have been removed by eBay even they are nothing to do with violations??

I noticed some of my listings have disappeared and wonder why.  I checked the unsold items inventory and they are not there.

Just wonder if it is happening to you??

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

73rhc
Community Member
Never happened to me. What are the items?
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I did notice something got removed couple weeks ago. It was used, took my own pictures, so I'm sure I wasn't violating anything but it was gone.

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

i noticed this recently when I took down all my listings preparatory to moving here to Victoria.

On one account I had over 3000 items on my shelves, but only 1500 actually still listed. Many had been up for years, so there may be an unstated limit on the length of time eBay will allow a listing to sit.

That eBay is now adding a note to items that have been unsold for over 16 months, would also lead me to think that they are worried about browser space, even a  nickel a month per listing.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Each time I see comments about this, I check my own, so far I have not found anything missing (I'm a stamp guy).

My oldest listing has been running since September 2006. (I just this week sold an item that had been listed since 2008) So I don't think there is anything timeliness wise causing them to be deleted (of course I have lots of "16 month" notices!).

Of course I haven't done a big cleanup like reallynice so I can't say for certain it hasn't happened to me too...
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Check this thread, and see if what I was experiencing a few days ago is similar: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/What-s-this-new-wrinkle-Any-other-sellers-seeing-this/m-p...

The only reason I noticed that a listing had disappeared was because this was a major item.  It vanished, then re-appeared, then vanished, then re-appeared, over and over again during this past week. 

This is something that should be brought up with the eBay.ca staff at today's Wed. board meeting if it's happening to others. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

That 16 month notice has been around for several years..

It was only  found on eBay.com and not eBay.ca

There is a place under ... Alerts and To Do's...... within .....the Selling Manager Pro...page

and under the heading ... Active listings without a recent sale... where listings that have been on eBay longer than 16 months are listed.

The question becomes..... Is it advantageous to end a 16 month listings and start new?.....  Perhaps.

My understanding  that ....Ending a listing with watchers ... mean the watcher is notified if the item is relisted...

I did a major relist in June 2013.....

A relist means that it is a new listing....  and it means that you as the seller are "working" the store.

Did it make a difference?   Perhaps... but not too sure....  but it is treated somewhat like a new listing....

A relist has at times resulted in a sale..... It also helps in removing old inventory

I  have taken to relisting items that have no watchers after that listings has been 12 months on eBay

---------------------------------------------

It has been noted on eBay.com that

(1) Sold listings reappear  as new listings on eBay

(2) Deleted listings  reappear.

(3) Listings disappear  for no reason at all....

This is rare..... However, when one looks at the millions of listings found on eBay... things just might happen....

Maybe more so in relation to Hallow'en than any other time of the year.

Maybe it is only listings with the number 13 in the ID

Or Whatever!

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I don't know if this has anything to do with this issue or not.  I put my store on vacation for 2 days because we were out of town.  I am POSITIVE I did not hide the FP listings because I had just spent an evening listing some items using the new promotion and wanted them all seen.

Last night I turned off the vacation settings and then checked my store to make everything was okay.  The only things shown in the store were my auction listings...no FP.  They are all back today but I will definitely be keeping an eye on my listings the next time I put it on or off vacation.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any items like photos, posters, magazines, books, DVDs, etc, etc!  All have nothing to do with violations at all!

And now with the unsold in my "Selling Manager", they disappeared after 30 days.  Were we supposed to be able to save them in that area for up to 60 or 90 days?  It used to be now but now they all disappeared after 30 days!  All those hard work for nothing!!

Thanks to eBay for making our life hell and more work and all that we are not being getting paid!!  eBay are getting paid to ruin our lives or make our lives miserable and more work.  Again thanks to eBay for these evil activities!!

I am going to call eBay to complain about that and see what they respond.  I hope to get a person with full knowledge and knew what he/she is doing.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@westernstargifts wrote:

Last night I turned off the vacation settings and then checked my store to make everything was okay.  The only things shown in the store were my auction listings...no FP.  They are all back today but I will definitely be keeping an eye on my listings the next time I put it on or off vacation.

This is exactly what was happening to my store a few days ago -- see my post above.  Things were appearing and disappearing for no apparent reason.  

At first I, like 'honeybed', thought it might be because of some sort of violation, but no -- the particular listing I was monitoring just vanished one day, then was back the next.  This by the way has no connection with the 16-month reminder messages mentioned above, but is a completely new phenomenon.  

I figure eBay's programmers must be monkeying around again in the back room as usual, causing some chaos at the front end.  They can't seem to leave this site ALONE for even a week at a time...fiddle, fiddle, fiddle...Woman Frustrated

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I do a print out and check it against inventory 3 - 4 x a year.  Yes, listings disappear.  

I also end listings that have no lookers for three months and relist them.  Gives me an opportunity to make adjustments.

If a listing has watchers (regardless how many) and it has not sold in 5-6 months, it also gets a relist (and adjustments).

Problem is I run into trouble with duplicate listings.  The listings that were no where to be found and got listed again, re-appear.

The list for cancelled listings on USA site had a flaw for a long time.  I re-listed, deleted it from the list and the item came back on the list.  After being slapped down by eBay several times, I proved it to their Customer Service Rep.  His answer was that if it became public knowledge, there would be hell to pay.  I was suspended from listing for a month at  that time and it was not reversed.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Maybe it is only listings with the number 13 in the ID

LOL You never know on ebay!

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

And now with the unsold in my "Selling Manager", they disappeared after 30 days.  Were we supposed to be able to save them in that area for up to 60 or 90 days? 

You should be able to see them for 60 days with My eBay or 90 days with selling manager. If you use selling manager make sure that under the option "Status" you are showing "All" listings.

In my eBay, under unsold it should say "All" next to "Items". If it doesn't say All you may be showing just items that were relisted or ones that were not relisted.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply