ebay kijiji classifieds integration test - Announcement Boards

Just saw this on the Announcement Boards today .... I thought they had rolled this out a while ago ? I'm sure I've seen ebay items inserted into kijiji ad space before ....

ebaytest.PNG

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

We all get that email.

It came about a week after the Announcement.
Message 41 of 59
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:
We all get that email.
It came about a week after the Announcement.

I probably did get it a while ago, but only read it yesterday.  I've been so busy elsewhere I hadn't been checking my eBay-linked email account every day.  

We'll see what comes of this trial balloon. 

Message 42 of 59
latest reply

Well I'm sad already ~ my ebay listing that I could see on kijiji last night has already disappeared off kijiji ~ wonder what I did wrong 😞

Message 43 of 59
latest reply

Can you disclose what the item is and what category, or is it private?  

Message 44 of 59
latest reply

fisher price 932 in the toy & game category ~ I just listed it on ebay yesterday too so it's not like it was an old listing,  the others that were on last night are still there and I think I see a couple of new ones that weren't there last night 

Makes me wonder how long they will keep the ebay listing on kijiji ~ until it is sold or for a week or until you fall out of the "best match" on ebay maybe? 

MJ's is still there ... Woman Mad

Message 45 of 59
latest reply

I think that's what it is maybe .... best match ... I'm not in best match anymore in my ebay category but the other fisher price ebay listings I see on kijiji are on that best match page

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

In Vic, I see nothing, no fisher prices, no paw patrols, no local, no eBay.  So I tried other places, like Ottawa, and using that as a location I see the paw patrol but not the f-p # you indicated, no eBay, but there are other fisher price ads for eBay sellers. Same with some other locations.

I'm sure there is a very good reason for why eBay is doing (or not doing) it this way, but I've no idea what it would be.  More 'water testing'.  ?

Message 47 of 59
latest reply

@themodernowl wrote:

I think that's what it is maybe .... best match ... I'm not in best match anymore in my ebay category but the other fisher price ebay listings I see on kijiji are on that best match page

Oh, very likely, sure.  When we click on the eBay seller ads there is a box in the upper right about what a great seller they are, so they are probably the ones first in Best Match.  That would make sense.  My eyes hurt too much to give it a really good test.  

Coffee time!  

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

You'll notice the blue bar BUY ON EBAY and by clicking there off you go to the eBay.ca auction listing where eBay hopes you will buy it.

The price of the item, shipping, etc. that's on that eBay.ca auction listing would apply along with the fees; that's what it looks like.

The $64 question is, when you list on eBay.ca will your item get on Kijiji.......only a few items are being chosen as a trial.

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

@themodernowl wrote:

fisher price 932 in the toy & game category ~ I just listed it on ebay yesterday too so it's not like it was an old listing,  the others that were on last night are still there and I think I see a couple of new ones that weren't there last night 

Makes me wonder how long they will keep the ebay listing on kijiji ~ until it is sold or for a week or until you fall out of the "best match" on ebay maybe? 

MJ's is still there ... Woman Mad

That selection of mine is puzzling to me. It's not a particularly special item, not a top-seller of mine, and while it has five watchers I've other Paw Patrol toys with as many as to 20 watchers. So why that one....?

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

Well now it's gone from kijiji too ....

Message 51 of 59
latest reply

what is your kijiji store ?

Message 52 of 59
latest reply

I don't have one. I have an eBay store but I run ads for it on local kijiji advertising the available Local Pickup. 

Message 53 of 59
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

That selection of mine is puzzling to me. It's not a particularly special item, not a top-seller of mine, and while it has five watchers I've other Paw Patrol toys with as many as to 20 watchers. So why that one....?

Remember, this is just a preliminary test eBay is doing.  It's bound to be unpredictable and unfathomable from our point of view.  Since we don't know exactly what it is they're testing for, there could be any number of parameters that determine the item(s) that are chosen and the length of visibility on Kijiji.  

They may also just be putting items up on Kijiji more or less at random to see what gets noticed and clicked through, i.e. whether Kijiji buyers are even interested in eBay items that would have to be shipped to them (and the cost and time delay that might involve).  

I see Kijiji and eBay as two very different markets, with very different buyer expectations.  In that sense, I'm not sure this idea is a good one if it does eventually become reality.  More exposure -- on the face of it -- sounds great, but it might have the effect of displaying decent quality goods at a garage sale.  Would too much Kijiji exposure end up putting a great deal of downward pressure on eBay pricing and/or cause more trouble for eBay sellers than it would be worth?  

If they ever do introduce this concept, I'd like to have some control over which items (if any) were listed on Kijiji.  However it sounds as if this isn't at all what eBay has in mind, but rather an arbitrary system based on eBay's choice, which I'd find troubling.  

We shall see...beware of Geeks bearing gifts.

Message 54 of 59
latest reply

I've only been paying half attention to this thread, but I find myself wondering why does it matter?

If someone sees one of my items in KIJIJI and buys it, everything from my perspective is the same as if they bought it normally via ebay anyway right? (other than perhaps they're using a temporary/one time purchase id, which happens a fair bit to me anyway).

I'm wondering if I missed something?

Personally I don't care where they come from, as long as they buy! I'm still pointing people at my ebay store from print advertising.....

Message 55 of 59
latest reply

To the contrary, I think random and unpredictable is good. That eBay listings are appearing in kijiji searches may turn off some kijiji users but THE SAME ONES forever and ever will drive them away for certain. Not that anyone would notice. It's not like the corporation makes any money from a kijiji sale.
Message 56 of 59
latest reply

Hi Mjw, ok that makes sense! Kijiji isn't of much use to me, I'm 30 - 45 minutes drive from the nearest "Kijiji city" (London) and I've only had very disappointing results from Kijiji.

My only view of Kijiji's value to me would be if it pointed people to buying like normal (ie through the mail).

I doubt I ever get exposure anyway given I'm a .COM guy...

I still chuckle because the "we have awesome deals" eBay promotional emails they send me all the time says I live in London, USA..... so us legacy users really screw them up it seems..... perhaps I'll show up in the London Kentucky Kijiji ads!!! 😉
Message 57 of 59
latest reply

@cldebperry2011 wrote:

what is your kijiji store ?

This is how I advertise my ebay store on local kijiji. It has been very effective. Sometimes I pay for the upgrades and sometimes I do not. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 10.53.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 10.54.24 AM.png

Message 58 of 59
latest reply

@kh-phdan 

@kh-cathy 

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2017!

Message 59 of 59
latest reply