ebay scams good sellers

ebay likes to scam honest sellers amaziing  with unapropriate feed back ,eg buyers that have no idea of shipping costs,if a buyer has never shipped anything they hve no rite leaviving feed back for shipping ,when it is clear that it cost more to ship than actualal costs,most of my neg feedback is from buyers or ebay,they take money from shipping costs at 10 per cent and want to get rid of good sellers by getting rid of the 20 per cent off final value fee by screwing the great seller,but thats how they make more money the greedy pigs, darn sad how this has been allowed to happin,i think ebay should hang there head in shame no doubt there profits are up on the backs of honest sellers ,darn sad buissness policy but ebay is getting way out of hand, to make more money,i think ebay needs a shake up at the top level and start looking at non payers leaving feed back and people that have never shipped an item ,bad feed back for overpricing shipping should go directally to ebay they cause most of the problems,they are underhanded and leave bad feed back which is directed to them not sellers,

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ebay scams good sellers

"that item sold on the us site and im in canada' The point of your original post is that someone left negative feedback because your listing stated you ship Priority while the parcel arrived by regular mail. The buyer does have the right to give negative feedback in this instance and there is nothing eBay will do to change that. When a Canadian seller lists on eBay.com and ships from Canada, Canada Post options are not available and the seller should NOT claim to use USPS or UPS services (unless you actually use them). eBay provides several options. For shipping to the USA = "Standard Shipping from Outside the USA" will do the trick. For shipping to Canada = Standard Int'l Shipping" will do the trick. You received a negative feedback because your listing claimed shipping USPS Priority. The buyer had the right to be upset.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

ebay scams good sellers

I am a bit confused.

You are in BC.  Your listings state the goods are located in Vernon BC.  Why do your listings state you ship to a Canadian address using USPS, more specifically "USPS Priority Mail International"?

I can only see one negative feedback you received for using the wrong shipping service, not overcharging postage:

"I pay for priority and it has been send regular mail"

Your reply to that feedback cannot be reproduced here.

The question is: what are you complaining about?  Was that buyer correct or not?  Was the item shipped by USPS Priority or not?

"ebay likes to scam honest sellers"

What does eBay have to do with a buyer leaving negative feedback?  How is that a "scam'?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

Sorry Bud, but I have to agree with Pierre. You have in your listing 
US $13.00
 (approx. C $14.27) 
USPS Priority Mail , which is probably under estimated. So the buyer is in the right to complain.

On the other foot, I think there is a little truth to what you are saying about buyers giving Neg feedback to shipping charges. I believe there are naive buyers out there that dont understand the cost of shipping and especially the Americans that dont understand international shipping charges.

Should a seller receive a Neg for shipping charges. I dont believe its fair. If a buyer is aware of the shipping charges and still purchases the item, then they should not complain.

I have been fortunate about only receiving one or two a long time ago. I know it happens. I still receive mails about why it costs so much? or when they send items it only costs this much ( usually american buyers )

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

Really look at your reply to a customer with 100% legitimate complaint.. you are not a good seller if that is how you talk to your buyers...

FYI I promise you this your going to lose alot of customers with that being the comment your future customers will see for the next 12months...

i would almost be tempted to start over with a second ebay account after that one .. OUCH

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

Your comment is highly unprofessional. No customer should ever be called a jerkoff.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

Sellers are judged on the basis of the feedback they receive  and how they choose to respond to a feedback left by a buyer.

The fact that sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers... means, that in this context , problem buyers cannot be identified on the basis of their feedback.

However,  many buyers forget that they can be judged on the basis of the type of feedback they leave for sellers.

The number and content of neutral and negative feedback... or the content of  positive feedback  left for a seller,  is a good indication of the character of a buyer.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually you need "a shake up" yourself and do more homework and provide the right shipping information. As a buyer paying for the priority mail service and then recieved it at regular mal, is guaranteed to be **bleep** off for being ripped off by you in that area. You could at least ship it a priority mail or refund the differnece in regular mal service. I see your listings, you have too many different mail services, some out of US, meaning you go down below Border to ship them in USA or hwat? Other listings listed regular Canada mail service, very confusing there.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

that item sold on the us site and im in canada i cant send by canada post on that site and none of there other options are correct either no one else complains who the carrier is,and it really doesnt make any difference in how its sent as long as it gets there in the same time frame,this item was actually two days faster
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

"that item sold on the us site and im in canada' The point of your original post is that someone left negative feedback because your listing stated you ship Priority while the parcel arrived by regular mail. The buyer does have the right to give negative feedback in this instance and there is nothing eBay will do to change that. When a Canadian seller lists on eBay.com and ships from Canada, Canada Post options are not available and the seller should NOT claim to use USPS or UPS services (unless you actually use them). eBay provides several options. For shipping to the USA = "Standard Shipping from Outside the USA" will do the trick. For shipping to Canada = Standard Int'l Shipping" will do the trick. You received a negative feedback because your listing claimed shipping USPS Priority. The buyer had the right to be upset.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

I am using Firefox and somehow the system will not let me create paragraph!
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

Lots of issues using the editor for replying. Toolbar missing, preview erases everything, no paragraphs. It is happening with Firefox and Google Chrome and on the iPad using Safari. The forums were so slow for the past few days and they fixed the speed issue yesterday I guess by removing features LOL. Also, the topic Options in a forum dropdown list do not show.
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

I can't use options to edit my post either. Sigh, more glitches even on Lithium. eBay is really becoming a joke.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

Quote isn't working tonight either.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

I agree. Bad buyers are sometimes scamming the good sellers. It is unfair. E-Bay knows there is a problem. They seem sincere in trying to solve it but in the process many sellers are losing money.

Their new Sellers policies hurts sellers like me. I was Top Rated. Now I am Above Average. All because of 9 cancelled transactions to one buyer in one day on November 1st 2014. It would be too long to go into details here but at the time I was not penalized for this. With their new 'defect' policy my cancelled orders from almost 10 months ago come back to bit me in the butt.

I have made 3 calls to E-Bay and spent a total of 6 hours on the phone with them They are inflexible. My problem has yet to be resolved.

My sales will decline and I have lost the 20% discount. I didn't think of this before but I think that is the reason they are putting in new sellers policies. They want fewer sellers getting that 20% discount. They must have worked hard on this one to present a friendly policy to sellers which is loaded with small fine print. Past errors which didn't affect the seller will come back to haunt many. We will see the reaction in the weeks and months to come.

If E-Bay wants to consider it a defect when a seller cancels an order then okay, no problem by me. It will make all sellers more attentive to their inventory. However, when you backdate this 12 months it is playing dirty pool.

Wake up E-Bay.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

I noticed many of your listings show shipping from Massena, New York, USA while you are registered in Canada.

Have you lost your TRS status in US only (eBay.com) or also on eBay.ca (Global)?

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

ebay scams good sellers

Scroll through the OP's FB. In may they got a pos and responded with the jerk remark.

Yes, anything more than free and buyers have the right to complain. Shipping costs have nothing to do with the buyer, ONLY the seller. Seller has complete control over what to charge, or not charge.

Shipping costs are not the buyer's concern.

More sellers need to "wake up".
Photobucket
Message 16 of 16
latest reply