feedback not left

Hi Not sure how everyone feels about this but when buyers do not leave feedback and since feedback is important  for discounts and buyers assurance, I think ebay should automatically add positive 5 star feedback-(maybe send a reminder and let them know 5 star feedback is being added) obviously customer is satisfied with transaction-they would reserve the right to change if feedback is finally left-my wife and I are both seeing a diminishing rate of feedback left from buyers-just do not bother and with life so hectic, I can understand time constraints but we the sellers should not suffer when we have sold and delivered the goods as ordered. It has been proven in the marketing world that if a person has a problem with a purchase that they will spread it to everyone they know yet if they are very satisfied they will maybe tell 1 or 2 friends.

Such is feedback on ebay-I think some sort of change needs to happen to be fair to sellers-my thoughts-what's yours-Don

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

feedback not left

@chad1952 wrote:

Hi Not sure how everyone feels about this but when buyers do not leave feedback and since feedback is important  for discounts and buyers assurance, I think ebay should automatically add positive 5 star feedback-(maybe send a reminder and let them know 5 star feedback is being added) obviously customer is satisfied with transaction-they would reserve the right to change if feedback is finally left-my wife and I are both seeing a diminishing rate of feedback left from buyers-just do not bother and with life so hectic, I can understand time constraints but we the sellers should not suffer when we have sold and delivered the goods as ordered. It has been proven in the marketing world that if a person has a problem with a purchase that they will spread it to everyone they know yet if they are very satisfied they will maybe tell 1 or 2 friends.

Such is feedback on ebay-I think some sort of change needs to happen to be fair to sellers-my thoughts-what's yours-Don

The amount of feedback you get has nothing to do with discounts. As for buyer assurance what difference does it really make if you have 983 feedback or 1474 feedback?

Are you here for a pat on the back or to make some money? pProvide good service and buyers may spread the word, anyone looking at your feedback is already "in your store" it's the product on the shelves that turns them into buyers not a bunch of the same puffery that is every sellers feedback profile.

I have a few low feedback seller id's (<500) which I use from time to time, sales on them are just as good as this 5 figure user id.

The only thing that needs to change is buyer feedback, eliminate that and just give buyers a transaction counter.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

Feedback is pretty much worthless and has been for a while. Real world? In the real world, customer satisfaction is closer to 65%. eBay and its 100% is totally false, It is a manufactured number.

All FB should be converted to a simple counter of transactions.

All I want anymore, is to get to 5000. My return rate of FB has dropped to around 20%. FB has no value to buyers, none at all.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

When I check the feedback you received (1092) and the feedback you left (1131), the two numbers are almost identical (within 4%).

Typically, sellers can expect 50% to 85% of buyers leaving feedback if they left feedback for buyers upon receipt of payment.  It varies by category.

At 96% you are well above average.

Where is the problem?

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

I was just thinking about that, strongly agree it should be counter of transactions. System can automatically add positive star to seller feedback, if  buyer would not to do so in 45 days. 

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

Are you assuming that all buyers not leaving feedback are happy? Trust me...some don't leave it because they are unhappy.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

@pierrelebel wrote:

When I check the feedback you received (1092) and the feedback you left (1131), the two numbers are almost identical (within 4%).

Typically, sellers can expect 50% to 85% of buyers leaving feedback if they left feedback for buyers upon receipt of payment.  It varies by category.

At 96% you are well above average.

Where is the problem?

It's hard to tell now that eBay has removed the exact dates feedback is posted but it look like the OP may be one of those classic eBay sellers.

They complain that buyers don't leave enough feedback yet they won't give feedback to buyers until AFTER the buyer has left it for them.

Withholding feedback for buyers is a bit silly but it's a legit choice, complaining when buyers may do the same thing is childish.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 7 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

ALL I AM SAYING THAT I THINK EBAY BUYERS TO SOME EXTENT LOOK AT HOW MANY STARS YOU HAVE-SOME DO NOT CARE BUT IF I HAVE 2000 STARS VERSUS 900 I BELIEVE THERE IS MUCH MORE CONFIDENCE GIVEN TO BUYER-THIS IS EVEN MORE TRUE WITH A NEWCOMER-MYSELF WHICH I RARELY AM A BUYER, SEES SOMEONE HAS ONLY 30 STARS AND I CAN GET THE SAME PRODUCT FROM SOMEONE ELSE WITH 2000-WOULD NOT WORRY AS MUCH ABOUT S+H BREAKAGE AND CONFIDENCE IN SELLER ABILITY.

IF FEEDBACK IS JUST A BUNCH OF BULL, THEN DISMISS IT BUT I DO KNOW IT AFFECTS MY DISCOUNTS UNDER PERFORMANCE-SO IF YOU DO NOT THINK SO, CHECK OUT YOUR SELLER PERFORMANCE BAR SOMETIME-CURRENTLY LOST 20% DISCOUNT ON FINAL VALUE FEES AND THIS IS BASED ON BUYER FEEDBACK RATINGS AND HOW MUCH YOU SELL PER MONTH. SO TELL ME AGAIN FEEDBACK DOES NOT MATTER OUT OF POCKET. DON

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

DO YOU LOOK AT YOUR PERFORMANCE RATING FROM FEEDBACK-I HAVE BEEN BRONZE FOR A LONG TIME-20% OFF FINAL VALUE FEES-IMAGINE SILVER MIGHT BE 35% AND GOLD 50%-SINCE EBAY STARTED CHARGING ON SHIPPING AND THE FVF OF ITEM, THIS CAN BE A LOT OF COIN IN YOUR POCKET INSTEAD OF THEIRS. YOU GUYS NEED TO LOOK AT SELLER PERFANCE WHICH IS SOLELY BASED ON FEEDBACK, SO IF YOU THINK IT IS NOT COSTING YOU MONEY-YOU ARE DEAD WRONG-YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO SAVE 50% ON FINAL VALUE FEES.

STUDIES DONE IN THE PAST ON CAR BUYERS SAID ABOUT 10% OF PEOPLE WHO WERE VERY HAPPY WITH THEIR PURCHASE, TOLD FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHEREAS THIS WENT UP TO ABOUT 40% OF PEOPLE COMPLAINING TO EVERYONE WHO WOULD LISTEN ABOUT THE PROBLEMS THEY HAD.

IF YOU THINK FEEDBACK DOES NOT MATTER, CALL EBAY DIRECT AND GET MORE INFORMED-YOU BETTER OPEN YOUR EYES AS IT MATTERS A GREAT DEAL TO EBAY AND YOUR POCKETBOOK. DON

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

READ MY RECENT REPLIES

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

YOU ARE CORRECT AS WELL AS 5 STAR RATING SHOUL BE ASSUMED-MANY SATISFIED CUSTOMERS JUST MOVE ON-READ MY OTHER COMMENTS LATELY TO OTHERS-DO NOT HAVE A CLUE HOW MUCH MONEY THEY AE LOSING FOR LACK OF FB. ON FVF. THANKS FOR SUPPORT-NEED TO WAKE ALOT OF PEOPLE UP-DON

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

TRUST ME-IF THEY ARE UNHAPPY THEY WILL LEAVE IT AND ASK FOR REFUNDS-READ MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS TO OTHERS AND STATS ON CARS-CHECK YOUR FINAL VALUE FEE DISCOUNTS LATELY??? GET ANY??? FEEDBACK RATINGS ARE ALMOST COMPLETELY TIED TO THIS EVALUATION FROM BUYERS-OBVIOUSLY EBAY SELLERSS JUST KEEP ON BANGING OUT LISTINGS AND DO NOT LOOK AT THE EBAY FEE STRUCTURES, ESPECIALLY THIS ONE-LISTEN UP PEOPLE YOU ARE LOSING MONEY BY NOT GETTING ON THE BOAT FOR AUTOMATIC 5 STAR RATINGS ON FEEDBACK NOT LEFT BY BUYER WITHIN 45 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURHASE-CAN BE CHANGED DUE TO LONGER TERM SHIPPING ARRANGEMENTS-WE/YOU NEED THIS REGARDLESS OF THE COMMENTS FROM UNINFORMED EBAY SELLER WHO DO NOT KEP UP TO THE TIMES-GET UP TO DATE. DON

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

@chad1952 wrote:

READ MY RECENT REPLIES

I can't read them, somebody is yelling at me and they should get their facts straight first. Quantity of feedback has nothing to do with discounts and 20% off fvf's is the maximum anybody gets.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

It is clear to me that you misunderstand how feedback really works.

If you are really here to make money, list and sell.  Feedback is largely irrelevant to making money.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

eBay's new Defect System for evaluating seller does not include percentage of positive as a factor.  

Sellers will get a defect if a buyer leaves negative or neutral feedback.

eBay has recognized that sellers (and buyers) are getting less feedback, and have adjusted  their evaluation system accordingly.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

percentage of positive as a factor.  

should read

percentage of positive feedback as a factor.  

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

"I HAVE BEEN BRONZE FOR A LONG TIME-20% OFF FINAL VALUE FEES-IMAGINE SILVER MIGHT BE 35% AND GOLD 50%"

Very clearly you misunderstand how the 20% rebate is calculated and how a seller becomes eligible to get it. 

Feedback rating has absolutely nothing to do with the rebate (bronze, silver, gold, platinum are ratings used to determine PowerSeller levels and have nothing to do with the 20% rebate).

Eligibility to the 20% rebate is based on Top Rated Seller (TRS) status or TRP-plus on eBay.com.

To learn more about how to become and remain a Top Rated Seller please take a look at:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/top-rated.html

To suggest that buyers not leaving feedback would automatically rate every aspect of every transaction as "5" is wishful thinking not based on reality.  Many sellers should be thankful that some buyers do not rate every aspect of every transaction.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

Get used to it..

I have about 1000 sales with no feedback.  Now I just don't care.  I'll leave feedback sometimes but usually I don't unless the buyer does.  I'm just here to move product.  If the buyers like it then great.   I know that not everyone who eats at McD's leaves a positive comment.  They just come back again and again and that's all that we can hope for as sellers.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Trust me...some don't leave it because they are unhappy.

EXACTLY! 😉

If I am not happy with the purchase, but that's was not the seller's fault, I simply don't leave any feedback.

About 7.000 of my buyers never left any feedback ....... so ......... Smiley Surprised

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

feedback not left

CURRENTLY LOST 20% DISCOUNT ON FINAL VALUE FEES AND THIS IS BASED ON BUYER FEEDBACK RATINGS

I think you should be looking at your Detailed Seller Ratings rather than feedback.

A buyer can leave positive feedback and then, intentionally or not, leave all One Star Ratings.

If your DSRs drop below 4.3, no matter how much positive feedback you have, you will find penalties include loss of TSR discounts, restrictions on listing and lower placement in Search.

If you are allowed to stay on eBay at all.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply