final value fee limit raised for no store, more changes to relisting feature

In case anyone has not read it, mor changes to the previous changes.

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2014/10/23/7642/

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ridiculous. We get free relist 3 times, which is then cut to 1 time. And now that's going. It's so hard to keep up with all these changes. I loved the relist 3 times for free. Finally accepted the change to 1 time....better than nothing. Now it's back to nothing. All I can hope for now are monthly promotions continuing. I wonder if that will soon be dead as a dodo, too. 😞

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see anything difference?  Is there? 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The relist 1 time for free, is ending next month. 😞

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

From my perspective:

1) Once again eBay is breaking its commitment to sellers NOT to change its fees and policies other than twice a year in their previously scheduled Spring and Fall Updates.

2) The increase from $250 to $750 maximum Final Value Fees is largely meaningless. Anyone in their right mind selling items for $2,500+ would already have an eBay store as the lower FVF on such high priced item justifies the store monthly fee.  It is only an attempt on the part of eBay to make monthly or annual store subscriptions more attractive.  Pretty lame.

3) I suspect the experiment of three free relists offered to some small sellers was not successful - meaning it did not result in generating more income for eBay.  I also expect eBay may have received complaints from larger sellers who pay full insertion fees not understanding why smaller sellers should get a break they did not get.  And we all know eBay does listen to the large sellers, those bringing in millions of dollars in fees.  So the new program is basically one of convenience only. Savings have been eliminated.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

From my perspective:

1) Once again eBay is breaking its commitment to sellers NOT to change its fees and policies other than twice a year in their previously scheduled Spring and Fall Updates.

2) The increase from $250 to $750 maximum Final Value Fees is largely meaningless. Anyone in their right mind selling items for $2,500+ would already have an eBay store as the lower FVF on such high priced item justifies the store monthly fee.  It is only an attempt on the part of eBay to make monthly or annual store subscriptions more attractive.  Pretty lame.

3) I suspect the experiment of three free relists offered to some small sellers was not successful - meaning it did not result in generating more income for eBay.  I also expect eBay may have received complaints from larger sellers who pay full insertion fees not understanding why smaller sellers should get a break they did not get.  And we all know eBay does listen to the large sellers, those bringing in millions of dollars in fees.  So the new program is basically one of convenience only. Savings have been eliminated.

With the changes to stores in spring 2013, I postulated that the gap bewteen store subscribers and non store sellers would increase. It is doing that.

eBay would have two teams. One analyzing store owner metrics and another for non store sellers. They are probably finding that store owners generate far more revenues than those relying on "free". 

So, you are eBay mgmt, what do you do? One group generates more revenue with less maintenance. The other group generates lower revenue with higher maintenance.

In retail, this is called this product assortment. In my town we have two lumber yards. One deals in the cheap stuff and the other in the higher quality more expensive products. Guess which has the better products, better service, better staff, higher quality customers, higher profits, cleaner operation, fewer problems? The higher priced lumber yard.

eBay is moving towards a full user pay system. You can't "afford" a basic store of $16? That is 50¢ a day. Yes, I am aware of the reasoning for not doing it. Are you ready to be further marginalized?

Complain all you want. Hang-on? It is those reliant on free listings that complain the most. If you were eBay, would you want to hear complaints? I wouldn't.

I have a store. I have my 500, PLUS, eBay keeps throwing free listing promos at me, 2 or 3 a month. The harder I work, the more they offer me. Why? I am a consistent revenue stream.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@gillian1023 wrote:

The relist 1 time for free, is ending next month. 😞

For me, it is already gone, even if I got the message that it would happen next month only. I just checked my free allotment, and I only have 4 left. It doesn't make any sense, because I did not use that much with manual relistings. That means the automatic ones took one free each time. I already revised the auctions ending today and will do the others ending tomorrow. The rest will stay "as is" because November will be there. Sneaky eBay. 😞

Message 7 of 7
latest reply