fraudulent listings.

I have sent in numerous alerts using the "report Item" button to ebay re fraudulent listings in my category over several months and these have been studiously ignored--likely because the seller sells a huge number of very low quality items through Ebay for very low prices.

The fraudulent lister seems based in the UK.

The perp carries on daily offering fraudulent items without a care in the world--and people are buying them not knowing better.

I would like to find someone in authority to personally point out these blatantly fraudulent listings but cant find a way to do it.

I can't even find the call in phone number they had before they "reorganized" the site--to make it less user friendly I might add.

Perhaps someone more skilled with this reorganized site can point me in the right direction?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

fraudulent listings.

"The perp carries on daily offering fraudulent items without a care in the world--and people are buying them not knowing better."
people should do their homework better don't you think?Ebay is not a reputable auction house, although they try to make it look like it is, so even though you're right and this sort of practices should not happen here, but it does.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

fraudulent listings.

here is how to contact eBay by phone:

At the bottom of this page, click on "Help & Contact", then "Contact eBay" tab.  Choose any topic that seems relevant, such as "Buying" > "How to pay for an item".   Not all topics will provide a link, but many, such as the one above, take you to a screen where you will find, on the right side, 2 choices:  call eBay on a toll-free number, or have them call you.  Follow the prompts.  Have all the relevant information ready.  Be patient - it may take a long time and several customer service reps, before you have all your questions answered satisfactorily.  If you are not getting logical answers, ask to speak to a supervisor.  Call back if needed.  The call centre is in the Phillippines, not all operatives are well trained or familiar with eBay Canada.  If you're lucky, you'll get the call centre in Utah and a native English speaker to assist you.

You must have been frustrated by this for a long time - I seem to remember a similar post from you last autumn.  Why don't you join the Weekly Wednesday Board Hour when the employees of eBay Canada are available to reply to questions and comments?  That may be the most direct way to speak with people who can actually answer you or pass your concerns along to the right people.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

fraudulent listings.

I wonder, because I remember your past frustrations too, if part of the problem is that your competitors are selling a product where the difference could be waved off as a spelling mistake?

I'm not trying to be funny.

Way too many people don't think spelling is important.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

fraudulent listings.

Spelling is not at issue here.

Some people are listing things described as genuine when they are obvious fakes--Ebay has been alerted many times and they do nothing.

Ebay has people monitoring this board--and they do nothing--I have heard from no one.

Ebay simply does not do anything about reports of fraud.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

fraudulent listings.

"Ebay has people monitoring this board-"

Not anymore.  Due to budget restraints, the post has been vacant since last year.

eBay staff comes to the discussion boards once a week - for one hour - on Wednesday afternoon at 1:00pm (Eastern).  That is when you should direct your comment.  However, do not expect results.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply