free relisting?

List your items for FREE – make money today!

List auction-style FREE + add Buy It Now free. Fixed price is free in most categories too. Learn More

Can someone explain when I re list items after the first time my listing free items number goes up and I can sell less for free .. Sounds more like i'm paying to re list not that I am but I will be paying sooner. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

free relisting?

@videogamezstore wrote:
List your items for FREE – make money today!

List auction-style FREE + add Buy It Now free. Fixed price is free in most categories too.

Can someone explain when I re list items after the first time my listing free items number goes up and I can sell less for free .. Sounds more like i'm paying to re list not that I am but I will be paying sooner. 

Are you referring to the 100 free per day promo (that will end October 21)?

This promo has had problems working properly on eBay.ca

This Monday morning eBay.ca had the wrong time range set up for the promo. The time range is now fixed and the 100 free listings promo is currently working.

For any promo I list one with caution and then see what fees are charged and/or which counters get updated.

OR

Are you talking about the one free automatic relist box that you can check when you make your listing.

When the listing expires, you have to wait for eBay to do the second free listing (that can take several hours if the system is slow.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

free relisting?

Whether you list or relist you use up a free listing. Since you're listing fixed price you can list up to 30 days so that you don't have to relist as often.

When doing a listing, some sellers see and check off a box that will automatically relist that listing one time without using up a free listing. I believe that the box shows up on the second page. But if you relist manually then you do use up one of your free listings.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

free relisting?

oh i'm talking about the standard free listing that you get 50 free listings . I've been clicking re-list my self because I noticed my items wern't re-listing I should wait and let ebay re list them i'm assuming?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

free relisting?

@videogamezstore wrote:

oh i'm talking about the standard free listing that you get 50 free listings . I've been clicking re-list my self because I noticed my items wern't re-listing I should wait and let ebay re list them i'm assuming?

Ebay will only relist them if you qualify for and check off the automatically relist one time option. I don't have that option so I can't tell you exactly where it is but I believe it is a box that you check off on the bottom of the second page of the ebay sell your item form. 

If you can use that option then the item will relist on its own one time without using up your free listings. If you don't have it then you will use up a free listing every time you relist.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply