how do I proceed?

Hi ebayers,

I have a good buyer returned is item (Bought april 6 and she change her mind), now I want to refund. If I issue a refund directly in Paypal will I have my fee refund ?

Really appreciate your help !

Cheers,

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

how do I proceed?

Finally have my answer...;-)

And Yes pjcdn the return was not process through ebay.

So I did my refund via Paypal, then the ''Resolve a problem'' option was display in ''More Action'', then I select ''Buyer changed mind'' and here you go !!!

Thank you all for your input !

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

how do I proceed?

@rockp5233 wrote:

Hi ebayers,

I have a good buyer returned is item (Bought april 6 and she change her mind), now I want to refund. If I issue a refund directly in Paypal will I have my fee refund ?

Really appreciate your help !

Cheers,

Do the cancellation through eBay, make sure to pick the right reason or you'll end up with a defect.

Since they keep moving the deckchairs I'm not sure if it's still working this way or not but it should......

Cancel through the resolution centre on eBay, the refund to the buyer and the refund of your fvf's and PayPal fees should all happen with one or two clicks.

If you refund through PayPal without doing a cancellation via eBay you WILL get a defect.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

how do I proceed?

Cancel order option is not available in ''More Actions'' for this item ???

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

how do I proceed?

OK "cancellation" is the wrong word, you can't cancel an order that has been paid and shipped but you can process a return.

Just make sure it's one of the reasons that doesn't give you a defect (buyer changed mind or wrong size or whatever) it should be obvious which one to select.

You have to do this through the resolution centre.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

how do I proceed?

It's possible that because this order is old you won't be able to do this. In that case you should be able to safely refund through PayPal from the payment details page. This will get you back your PayPal fees but not your fvf's from eBay.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

how do I proceed?

I can't find where to process it via the resolution center, that is probably too old...

It is possible to be initiated by the buyer ?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

how do I proceed?

It shouldn't be too old if it was purchased April 6th but how did the buyer start the return? Did they just send you a message and then you told them to return it or did they do it through the ebay return system? If they did it through the return system, go to my ebay or selling manager and under sell you will see 'returns'.

If they didn't go through the return system you probably have to go to paypal and refund them through their purchase there. You should probably be able to get your fvf refunded by phoning ebay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

how do I proceed?

Finally have my answer...;-)

And Yes pjcdn the return was not process through ebay.

So I did my refund via Paypal, then the ''Resolve a problem'' option was display in ''More Action'', then I select ''Buyer changed mind'' and here you go !!!

Thank you all for your input !

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

how do I proceed?

That's interesting. I didn't realize that the resolve a problem link would come up after the refund. That is much better than having to phone ebay.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply