how do you know if a new E-Bayer, or any E-Bayer at that, has any strikes against them?

I have a new E-Bayer bidding on one of my items, this buyer has 0 feedback and a 0% rating. How would I know if this buyer has any strikes against them such as Non-Payments? I only just has to open a Non-Payment claim against a E-Bayer and would like to know before having to go through another one. I have in my requirements as anyone having 0% feedback not permitted to bid on my items but I feel that I should give this person a chance.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

how do you know if a new E-Bayer, or any E-Bayer at that, has any strikes against them?

I don't think any feedback with good rating can be stop bid? Is that correct?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

When I started bidding on items I was also a 0% buyer. I was fortunate enough to have an understanding seller that helped me to understand how Ebay works. We did this through the Ebay messaging. I am glad he took a chance with me and it was a positive experience.

We all have to start somewhere. How was it when you began? Someone took a chance on you, right!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You can block buyers (site preferences -> buyer preferences) who have 2 or more non-payment strikes in the past 12 months, that's how you know.

If that's not good enough then list at Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required.

I have in my requirements as anyone having 0% feedback not permitted to bid on my items

Really? You must be special because it's not possible for any other eBay seller.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I have in my requirements as anyone having 0% feedback not permitted to bid on my items

That's not possible.

Well, I suppose if you are very very vigilant you could pounce on any newbie who dares, DARES! to want to buy from you and cancel his bids.

But if you miss it and he wins, you can't refuse him.

More to the point, newbies are enthusiastic and often bid higher than more experience customers who know there will be another along any minute, as Ms. Beyonce Knowles-Carter tells us.

You can however, set your Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders with UID Strikes, or with violations, or a few other kinds of problems.

Seller Preferences can be found on the Site Map.

UID Strikes are not public, except through the Seller Preference Block.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Yes somebody took a chance with me when I first started but the difference is is that I made contact with the seller or buyer, communication makes good relations something that didn't happen in this case. I made contact with buyer told them of my requirement of payment in 4 days but with no reply. 4 days went by and there was a case opened by E-Bay. Now they reply that they no longer want the item but not before I contacted them. This is over the 12th new E-Bayer that stuck me with a non-payment.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

No I do not consider myself to be special, not someone over other E-Bayer’s with special privileges. I have given plenty of first time E-Bayer’s a chance to get their feet wet and start building their buying and selling here on E-Bay. But with some of these new members they take this business as a way to have fun on someone elsies backs. The person I was referring to, the new-bee, they bid on my item, won the winning bid, I made contact and sent an invoice but I couldn't get a reply back. it has been 4 days and no payment and now there is a non-payment claim open by E-Bay. Now I have to wait several days only to be told that payment was not received and the case is closed. My item will once again be listed and hopefully some new-bee won't bid, that’s close to two weeks and what did I get??, not all new-bees are in this for fun, looking to cause problems, some are actually friendly people looking to make the transaction a pleasant experience.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

And you were given the answer to that further up.

List at Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required.

If someone bids and does not have a working Paypal account (many newbies) or does not pay immediately from a working account, the item remains available until someone does pay.

But the question is really, how often does this happen? One in a hundred? Twenty out of a hundred?

I think I had one this year, blocked for having UID Strikes. And one who realized that what she read was not what I had written, resolved quickly with a Mutual Cancellation.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I'm not following this at all. Not possible to block 0 FB buyers.

Regardless, our OP is other than pleased about having to re-list. Well, hello, without any other bids, you were going to have to re-list anyway.  Then, the complaint would be: "Why am I not getting any bids?".

Photobucket
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

"I have in my requirements as anyone having 0% feedback not permitted to bid on my items but I feel that I should give this person a chance."

I don't bid on a lot of items, but, whenever I see a seller with your text above, I don't even bother.

Same for the ones with a wall of text of conditions... those conditions signal a red flag to me as a buyer.

You are just losing potential bids.

How many times have you had dead-beat bidders (that had 0 feedback)?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply