how to block a buyer

Hi there 

I want to block a buyer who never paid for the item but keep sending me a messages asking  for the tracking number. I must be very lucky to get a lot of them.Some even are able to open a case INR. Need help .Thank you 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

how to block a buyer

Are you subscribed to Selling Manager? It's free with Store subscription. There's a link straight to it if you have Alerts enabled on your page. (It's a setting that can be customized.) You copy and paste that user name to it and Save. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 7.41.44 AM.png

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

how to block a buyer

Are you subscribed to Selling Manager? It's free with Store subscription. There's a link straight to it if you have Alerts enabled on your page. (It's a setting that can be customized.) You copy and paste that user name to it and Save. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-28 at 7.41.44 AM.png

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

how to block a buyer

Any seller can block any buyer/bidder, the process is quite simple:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html#block

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

how to block a buyer

Unfortunately, while you can Block him from bidding with you, because there was a transaction (even failed) he can still Contact you.

But you don't have to open the Messages.

Just delete delete delete.

BTW after 4 days (96 hours) you can open an Unpaid Item Dispute.

And you can use your Seller Preferences to automatically Block bidders with UID Strikes.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

how to block a buyer

Thank you very much for all the help.I did open the case and was closed when the guy still asking me for tracking number because on his side shows that is paid.First just the shipping to Israel for this item is few times the price of the item.I will not open the messaseges thats all.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

how to block a buyer

Just in case- check your Paypal address to make sure it is correct.

In a few instances, usually with new sellers, there is a typo in the addy, making the payment impossible to process.

I have strong doubts about any sale to Israel- I've never had one go well. And I will sell to Kazhakistan (usually copies of Roberts Rules of Order for some reason). It's on my 'don't bother' list along with China, Brazil and most of Africa (RSA and Egypt seem okay).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies_and_the_Lying_Liars_Who_Tell_Them

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

how to block a buyer

Thanks .My Paypal is ok we just dont ship to there and there is not a shipping quote for many countries as well.I ship to USA,Europe and Canada ,Japan thats good enough for beginer
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

how to block a buyer

Some of your recently sold listings and some of your current listings do have a shipping cost to Israel so if you don't ship there you need to change that. Is it possible that your buyer purchased one of those listings?

I checked a few of your other listings and all of those said that you shipped worldwide and did not have any countries blocked so buyers are being told that you ship there.  For example, if I look at item 

272355010737 with my location marked as being in Israel, I see this:

"This item will ship to Israel, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller window and request a shipping method to your location."

Instead of using worldwide you should be checking off the places that you do ship to and then in site preferences /shipping preferences you should check off "block buyers with a primary address in countries that I don't ship to." 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

how to block a buyer

You might want to have a look at shipping in all of your listings.  You said that you shipped to the UK but many of your listings do not have a shipping cost for the uk or Europe.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

how to block a buyer

For UK and Europe they need to ask for quota for some items because its free shipping for Canada and USA thats why they are not included in the shipping .I know that i will need to have done some more work on the listing .But the last one that "bought" the item was registered on .com with USA address but ship to Israel
Message 10 of 10
latest reply