Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

is pay pal down or canada post cant print shipping label

37 attempts later sucess **bleep** painful i must say

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

make sure your credit card is okay, mine was an expired one.  It won't tell you that is the problem but it is.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

... Not yet, I haven't.

Are you certain it's not a failing in the buyer address? Is it an international one? What has failed?

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Same issue here - everything goes fine until it is time to print. When the printer view comes up after paying the page is blank - which is exactly what it will print. Just to get things out I have started processing the weekend's orders the old fashioned way. Its been this way since Friday.

The Canada Post label that appears before the blank printer box is different than it used to be. My guess is that it is Canada post's change.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I had the same problem. I installed GOOGLE CHROME and now I can print labels. They look a little different but it works.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Instead of getting blanks like some other sellers pointed out

I've been getting 5 copies of the same label. Very annoying and waste of ink/paper

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked fine for me today but I am not happy with the new format which the label is turned left side and with much lighter fonts.  I prefer the old one that is more darker and easy to read.  Why PayPal needs to "fix" it when it is not broken!!  Same thing with their PayPal website, totally whole horrible new format that is not easy to work with.  Again why need to "fix" it when it is not broken.

Whoever think they need to change the format, they are getting bored with their jobs and decide to "screw" our lives by changing things, changing the format(s) when it is not necessary.  Sigh.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I doubt that Canada Post allows Paypal to change the labels whenever they want so the changes have likely been done by CP, not Paypal.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Had this issue Friday, finally got it to print though Google Chrome.  When I went to the post office I mentioned how much trouble I had and the postie said "Oh yeah, Canada Post updated their labels today".  

Thanks Canada Post for updating your labels on a Friday and not bothering to tell anyone, including Paypal who I phoned and had no clue.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I doubt that Canada Post allows Paypal to change the labels whenever they want so the changes have likely been done by CP, not Paypal.

I tend to agree. The changes reek of CP programming.

I used to use their website all the time to purchase supplies. Since they updated it a few months ago I cannot do anything. Just trying to log in took a lot of work, and trying to select the items I wanted took forever. Then when I finally got everything ordered and submitted the order it disappeared into cyberspace Poof! Nothing.

This label business is pretty much the same.

I've had all the problems mentioned here plus a few more.

OMG I hope this is a work in process and not the finished product.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I also think it is likely caused by Canada Post.  However since a lot of ebay sellers count on this service it would be in ebays interest to let CP know how much trouble this is causing for their customers. 

What bugs me as much as this sloppy implementation by CP is the buck passing that happens between all the corporate entities involved.  Surely after 5 days you would think someone at these companies would have enough concern about this to let us know if this will be fixed. 

Afterall this potentially affects their business as well as the ebay sellers.  Everyone should ask about this tomorrow on the weekly chat session.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I was given an interesting version of the story today.

CP clerk said that Pitney Bowes was not printing labels to CP specs and that is what caused the kerfuffle.

Photobucket
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

That is an example the buck passing behavior I mentioned in my previous post.  Instead of taking responsibility and fixing the problem the corporations involved point fingers at each other and the problem does not get fixed.  I would think it would be in Pitney Bowes interest to fix it if they broke it as they probably lose money when sellers print less labels.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

I printed a new label today with no issues using the latest version of Safari.
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Yup its a paypal problem and they are working on it

Message 16 of 16
latest reply