lots of top rated sellers loosing status

sure are a lot of top rated sellers losing there status with the new program,,some have been on here for yrs,almost seems like there wont be any left by new yrs,not sure what the buyers will think,half of the sellers on my fave list,are going down,ill still buy from them because top rated is overated now with the new seller dashboard,defect rate,new people to ebay might be a little scared off im thinking what do you think?

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

sure are a lot of top rated sellers losing there status with the new program,

How do you know?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 44
latest reply

If you knew the % of TRS listings for a search were before, you can check on .ca only (more refinements>seller>show only>TRS) now and compare.  in game categories it dropped from ~55% to ~35% of listings

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

That would suggest that TRS list less today than they did previously, nothing else.

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

... or that sellers who are not TRS are listing more today then they did previously.

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

Just peruse the message boards on ebay dot com (if you can navigate your way thru the new improved mess) - OP is correct - Lots of sellers losing status.

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Not when it dropped from 55% to 35% from aug 19 to aug 21...

I suspect its worse in the game category than most others

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

I hardly see any TRS sellers any longer.

Last year it seemed everyone had the badge.

Today I see perhaps 10% or less.

Very few.

I suspect they might be planning to retire the badge.

American TRS = PITA Seller for Canadian buyers.

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

Same story for other categories....

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

An interesting observation. I my category for the first 100 "newly listed" I found 10 badges. Before the changes they were about 60.

Sad. But I personally prefer the above mentioned "alien-conspiracy" theory - all TRS suddenly stopped to list their items. It's at least funny! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

This new defect system makes no sense to me. I have 2 defects already, one I'm assuming came from me sending someone a refund, and I have no idea where the other one came from. Is there a way to see specifically where and how these defects occur?
Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually I am getting fed up with eBay's forever coming up with insane idiot policies, especially with defects and returns. Right now my feelings for eBay is "screw them"!! eBay needs to remember that we knew what we are doing, so butt out. And what more eBay don't OWN our items!! We are NOT working for eBay!! eBay is like any newspapers that we place our advertisements. Duh to eBay!!
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

I've already closed my store and removed all my buy it now auctions. I will be moving my higher end items to another site. I may, and that's a may use eBay for less expensive items. I gained top seller status with a perfect record six months after I started selling. Since their new seller ratings were announced, I have had more claims that included Feedback Extortion, returns that weren't valid. Even a customer wanting to return something 4 months later....and eBay allowed a claim to be opened up. 

I can't control what they do....but trust me, their  bottom line is going to sink dramatically at the end of the September and will continue to slide until they get it together. 99.9% Customer Feedback...........So What huh?

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Also....for the sellers out there. Hang on to your hats for the new wave of Feedback Extortion. Already been hit with that twice this week. What a great company...................not.

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

They gave me a defect on the gentleman that tried to return something 4 months later.....they do what they want. It's about not giving out the discounts to top sellers. They are hurting.....and people are going to hurt them back. C'est la vie.

Message 15 of 44
latest reply

Well not sure about all this but within 48hrs I got the following messages... You are Top rated seller Your Standard to US are Below Standard and store will be downgraded in 60 days if not improvement Your Standards are no longer below Congrats... So I am top rated but because of shipping Time I am being downgraded but still Toprated
Message 16 of 44
latest reply

Took a lot at my Dashboard in relation to the USA

and... found a new notification...

You've been a Top Rated Seller in United States for at least 3 consecutive months.

Not a TRS plus  because Tracking is less than 90 %..... Canadian sellers do not have to meet this requirement

Has to be something new.....

Was this beneficial... appears to be so .... More sales to the US......  Require more time to verify things

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

It appears that US sellers are being hit hard...

First.... It is not enough to buy postage on Paypal...  delivery to the post office  must show tracking indicating that parcels were delivered within a certain time period...

Many times  sellers deliver to the post office... do not wait in line  and do not get  parcels scanned..

Some postal outlets are "refusing to scan" parcels delivered to the post office  or are delivered to a counter to be scanned.

Also there are problems with being scanned on delivery..

Second ... Estimated deliver time....  Buyers are allowed to file a non-receipt one day after estimated delivery time...

The problem here is  the wording...

Estimated delivery time..... not Guaranteed delivery time...  Parcels have tracking... but buyers are getting refunds  in relation to estimated delivery time... and not to actual delivery date based on tracking..

Not too sure about this... but too many sellers are reporting problems  with the application of estimated delivery time  as "real" delivery date...

The wording "estimated "  and it use  appears to be creating problems  and the creation of defects.

Problems on eBay.com... but not eBay.ca.... atleast not so far.

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

Obtaining TRS on eBay.ca

Several factors

(1) Category... Some categories  have more problems than others.

(2) Condition....  Sold items that are in a less than perfect condition create problems....  as buyers expect more than was stated in the listing... and the seller encounters problem...

example......  "used" electronics...

Could it be that some things should not be listed for sale on eBay.

(3) The character of a buyer....  more specifically in relation to the category of purchase  can be a real problem.

Some buyers are instant problems...perhaps

(4) The character of the seller.....How easily does a seller adapt to the rules....How many times  do we get someone come to the discussion boards  and identify their happiness.. only for many here to find many situations  where this seller ... ignores the rules.

(5)  Seller-buyer combination..... Nothing more complicated than a fiery seller  and a fiery buyer....

(6) USPS... Is the USPS causing problems for sellers  in relation to the scanning of tracked parcels.  Canada Post appears to be responsive to the needs of eBay sellers  with respect to scanning  and estimated delivery date

----------------------------------------------------------

Many sellers were "playing" the rules.... doing things  that indicate they are meeting the rules to achieve TRS standing... yet they are finding ways to bypass the rules...  but still give eBay the appearance they are meeting the rules.

Such as...  Buy postage on Paypal...  show  one day delivery  (TRS and TRS plus on eBay.com)   but deliver parcels to the post office twice a week.

Sellers have to do more to achieve TRS or TRS plus  and are finding it difficult... because in many instances they playing the rules and were  not "really" following the intent of the rules. 

Sellers have to adjust... and in many instance  the character of the seller... the buyer  and then the seller-buyer interaction creates a problem.

I read things... more specifically on eBay.com...  and see sellers discuss how many defects they have... 

It is very difficult to understand  how some seller accumulate defects to the degree they do.

-----------------------------------------

and finally...

eBay has to be very careful  in not creating  situations where sellers fail because of the application of rules.....and  cause sellers to stumble...

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I love this post and totally agree with you!! Screw you Ebay!! You are **bleep** right they don't own our **bleep** and they should stop acting like they do!! You don't know how many times i have been screwed by ebay from buyers and the sad thing is the buyer's are fully aware of this. I wish more sellers would post messages like this!
Message 20 of 44
latest reply