lots of top rated sellers loosing status

sure are a lot of top rated sellers losing there status with the new program,,some have been on here for yrs,almost seems like there wont be any left by new yrs,not sure what the buyers will think,half of the sellers on my fave list,are going down,ill still buy from them because top rated is overated now with the new seller dashboard,defect rate,new people to ebay might be a little scared off im thinking what do you think?

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Rose, you are far more eloquent than I am. Your legal training shows. I mean that in a good way.

I have been accused of being blunt and direct.

The end result is that you flesh out what your meaning is and i simply hang a skeleton and figure that the smart folks can flesh it out on their own.

eBay did a double, triple?, booger with growth, PowerSeller, and the ill thought out TRS. In these three instances it seems they were thinking behind the curve and not ahead. Still, today, they are playing catch-up. They are playing the little Dutch boy plugging leaks. Time for a new dike.

Toss it all out and start again. Revise FB to be a simple count of buying and selling. Toss the whole PS thing, as, like Pierre said, it used to mean something. Totally get rid of the TRS discount. Replace it with incentives. Say, free listings, maybe a toaster.

A seller with $10,000 sales a year should always be ahead of a $1000 seller. Simple effort says so.

Oh! Oh! Oh!

Split eBay into two cores. The 10% who do 90% of the profit VS the 90% who do 10% of the profit. The "good for me club" VS the "it sucks to be you club". Ebay knows who these people are. I sure would not want to be in the latter.

The 90% spend all their on the phone complaining about this that and the other. The 10% go: I will deal with it, and do not call. I asked, they keep track of these metrics.

I had two duplicate listings this week, Dang I was angry .... at myself. Did I phone? Nope. Consider begging? Nope. I take responsibility for my own actions.

Like, I worked retail liquor in the toughest stores. Death threats, full time security guards. Here it is life threatening time when someone sends a "mean email". Really?

You lose what you did not work for.

You gain what you work for.

Photobucket
Message 41 of 44
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:
Totally get rid of the TRS discount. Replace it with incentives. Say, free listings, maybe a toaster.

I prefer a PowerSeller toaster Smiley Happy

toaster.png

Message 42 of 44
latest reply

I lost my top rated seller status because Ebay in their stupid wisdom has decided if I cancel a listing to a Country I don't ship to there is a defect put against my account,and they also put several defects against me if a buyer opens a case and even if is resolved it still shows up as a defect--there is no winning against this big corporate giant--they want us to fail so they can make more money--shame on them. So I now loose my 20% discount on fees and that hurts when Ebay takes an extra $70.00 in fees. Somebody in top management in Ebay better give their head a shake and maybe stick it in the toilet at the same time. I am sure Ebay is doing this on purpose to make more money while degrading our seller status. Me I am letting my listings run out and leaving and I encourage every seller to do the same. They put a 10% fee on shipping a few years ago. and all of us that don't charge ridiculously high shipping charge are hurting, Again I am leaving. Absolutely fed up  with greediness of Ebay. As of October 1st I am out of here and I encourage every Ebay seller to do the same, we must fight against this big corporate greedy giant and pull our listings until they agree to our demands--just like a Union. I am sure Ebay will see this message and destroy it, but I will post a blog worldwide to ensure that every seller worldwide will see this.

Message 43 of 44
latest reply

The whole new rating system is meant to knock the big corporate sellers down to below standard.   This will allow eBay to hold all funds for a minimum of 21 days.  Take a look at some of the sellers like Target or Toys R Us.  Horrible feedback and probably  a ton of defects.  More than enough to put them below standard but still be able to operate.  This will be a huge boost to their bottom line and in turn make it nearly impossible for smaller sellers.  Larger companies obviously do not follow up on feedback, or keep items in stock.  Things that smaller sellers must do.  There is a way to ensure you get your top rated seller status.

1.  Sell only one type of item

2.  Never sell anything used only new items direct from the factory

3.  Offer free shipping worldwide (because in Canada to get top rated you must make Canadians and every other nation you ship too happy)

4.  Offer a lifetime warranty and return policy

5.  Only ship items with tracking.  Again you will have to do this for every item you ship to prevent any defects. This means worldwide.

-or-

1.  Only ship within Canada and limit your sales.

Even with this model you will be only trying to stay above standard.  The new goal for eBay sellers is to not go below standard. 

Good Luck

Message 44 of 44
latest reply