migration tool.---again.

So when you select a number of active items to move from Ebay.ca in USD to Ebay.com  and hit the button to proceed you get a message saying you have selected 0 items--after having checked the "select all" box which involves 39 items.

Did it several times with the same result.

Also when you select the 'migrated" function it shows nothing--even after you have successfully migrated a bunch and has listing notices showing they WERE successfully listed on Ebay.com.

Ebay has lumbered Canadian sellers with a lot of needless harassment.

Others still having problems with the listing tool?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

migration tool.---again.

I might try the Migration Tool out on a few listings and see how that goes..... 

I'm also converting my 700 + USD listings on eBay.ca to eBay.com.

I downloaded Turbo Lister 2 and will be moving them in bulk sometime in early Aug/16.  

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

Update:

Spoke with an ebay rep for over an hour who started off by announcing he had never heard of the "migration tool"--and after much consultation with various manuals and people up the chain was able to confirm my details above as he got the same result I did--the tool does not work--it is broken.

So he is going to escalate this up the line and swears it will be fixed in 24 hours--sound familiar?

I hae me doots!

Why do I get the feeling that Ebay staff responsible for this idiotic situation really could care less about this situation?

Due to this sort of indifference to ebay sellers and their concerns, defensive measures for your business is a good idea.

Mine comes in the form of creating my own website and working with a second venue.

This way over ⅔ of my sales are not through ebay any more--but the ⅓ is still important--but it sure comes with a lot of hassles.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

I will be also working on a my own website over the next year or so and continue to sell on ebay.

A website will take probably take up to 5 years to build a clientele and operate successfully.

I am going to try the Migration Tool on one listing sometime in early Aug/16 and see how that goes......

Customer Service is based in California and in the Philippines, so CS having knowledge about a eBay.ca issue regarding the Migration Tool will be an experiment in frustration for the seller.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

UPDATE 2

Sent the following yesterday to Raphael at raphael@ebay.com:

Hello Raphael.

The listing tool is broken.

when will it be fixed?

I am Ammolitehunter on Ebay.

Thank you.

Will update again when Raphael replies--IF he replies.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

I carefully record the emails of all my PP customers (in a paper notebook because I am that technologically advanced) along with the category they bought in.

I may never use them, and I'm not going to be starting my own website (the old one is still available but not active since we retired), but I'm ready if I ever want to circulate a Product List.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

That is an excellent idea.... Thank You!

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

I have 6500 listings to change over and I'm having nothing but errors when finalizing the drafts when I try to sample a few to see what the heck I am doing.....At first it said they were all in a invalid category...Changed them...Same thing. Now its saying a system error. And after I do this, do I have to find the ones I changed and end them??? Why would it do that! I Cant sift through all my listings. It should just end all the moved ad's so I don't have double listings...Ill be on the phone with eBay all day tomorrow. This has to be solved or thousands of my listings end! 

Smart move eBay......Not. They should just not allow any new listings in USD on .ca. Let the GTC ad's run till sold....Solved....and over time everything will be Cad funds.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

Someone at eBay.ca should be helping you migrate your listings.

Only sellers with 5000 listings or more qualify for one on one assistance. 

I suggest you send Raphael a message (on Aug.3/16) after everyone has returned from the Las Vegas eBay convention next week.

This was discussed during eBay's live webinar on the Migration Tool a few months back....

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

Update 4

Raphael replies:

Hi -----,

We aren’t ignoring issues.

I have sent your case to the developer and will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Raphael

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

I have emailed customer service and received a reply that they would be getting back to me in 24-48 hours that was 72 hours ago. They gave me a phone number to call for customer service and you get put on eternal hold. I have converted about 3000 of my 5000 listing to Canadian funds but have 2000 where no drafts were created and will be hard pressed to have them updated by the August 1 deadline. This is not my fault so Ebay needs to do something or extend the deadline.

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

"Smart move eBay......Not. They should just not allow any new listings in USD on .ca. Let the GTC ad's run till sold....Solved....and over time everything will be Cad funds".

This makes perfect sense to me and it would save a lot of sellers time and frustration.

eBay.ca  should have carried GTC USD Listings until the end of Dec/16 but I believe eBay.ca Management wants everything in Canadian Funds before their last business quarter begins in Oct/16.  

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

@silverpinups wrote:

"Smart move eBay......Not. They should just not allow any new listings in USD on .ca. Let the GTC ad's run till sold....Solved....and over time everything will be Cad funds".

That sure would have saved a lot of time and energy .... and frustration!!

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

I sent in my request for merchant support on Friday the 22nd. It is now Tuesday the 26th and still no contact nor is the problem fixed. Not sure if there is anyone working at Ebay right now. I am very frustrated with this lack of assistance.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

"Not sure if there is anyone working at Ebay right now"

There is a big eBay annual convention in Las Vegas this week.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

Requested assistance with the migration tool on the 22nd. It is now the 27th and they still haven't answer. Nice that they are all on holidays at the convention but by August 1 I will be on holidays and 2000 of my listings will not relist. Are they going to reduce my fees because it is going to affect my sales? This is not acceptable.

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

It is now the 28th. Still no response to my request for merchant support. Will continue to post daily to let the community know how long it takes. They deserve to know.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

29th still no answer to the email. Getting tired of this yet. I am.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

The 30th and still no answer. Going on holidays Monday. Not expecting an answer at this. We are just numbers I guess.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

migration tool.---again.

Raphael said on July 25 he would get back to me on this--as of today--nothing--dial tone.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply