new single page listing form no way to exclude/include ship to countries

This is real stupid. With the new single page "easy" listing form there is no way to include or exclude ship to countries for each auction. For obvious reasond we are not going to ship a $50 item outside of Canada/USA due to the lack of insurance but at the same time we need to sell $5 items almost world wide.

Ebay in their divine wisdom has left out any way to ship to a different list of countries in each auction. So we are stuck with every auction having to ship to the same country list.

Good one ebay.

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, a recap here for those who were not affected by this issue. Ebay dot ca decided to have a beta test of a stupid new one page listing tool that makes you create a template first before listing. No way to choose a category either. Then when you go to edit your ship to locations they forgot about that feature altogether.

Overall the new tool is not really that bad and is an attempt by ebay to unify things so it would work like the android app. However, the way ebay picked sellers at random to force it on with a guarantee that a simple phone call could fix it was very unprofessional to begin with since the people answering the phone have no idea even what day it is nevermind what dot ca is. One call to them yesterday made me furious because the person said I was calling the wrong customer service and that I should be calling Canadian customer service???? There is no such thing anymore.

Just wondering about another thing? What do ebay dot ca fr customers do when they need to phone ebay?

Anyways there is a solution for this from the seller listing tools of the forum as follows (giving credit to the poster of the solution):

@pocomocomputing wrote:

One way to get opted out of the new listing form on eBay.com for a long time was to start a listing in eBay motors and it would kick you out of the new selling form because it was not compatible for eBay motors. Then you cancel the eBay motors listing or close your browser to not complete the motors listing. Just starting the listing in eBay motors is enough to bring back the old form.

I don't know if this trick still works on eBay.com or if it will work on eBay.ca. If it does work, you have to call eBay to reset the new form for you to work again with the new form if you want to go back to the new form.

If someone wants to try this method then post back if it works or not. Just remember that you cannot get the new form back easily from what I read on eBay.com in the past months.

Fixed!!!

Thanks poco for the solution. Attempting to sell a car finally fixed the problem.

The staff at ebay are completely useless. They called me at work many times today. The boss was not pleased. The email they sent me today only referenced some sort of seller hub that I have never heard of??? When I called them yesterday I could not get them to understand that Canada has it's own ebay called dot ca and that this issue was only affecting dot ca and not affecting dot com.

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Also there is still no way to edit posts here.....
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

I went back to the old listing form as the new one doesn't work for me. 

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

@ladybug2785 wrote:

This is real stupid. With the new single page "easy" listing form there is no way to include or exclude ship to countries for each auction. For obvious reasond we are not going to ship a $50 item outside of Canada/USA due to the lack of insurance but at the same time we need to sell $5 items almost world wide.

Ebay in their divine wisdom has left out any way to ship to a different list of countries in each auction. So we are stuck with every auction having to ship to the same country list.

Good one ebay.

Don't use the "easy" form if it doesn't work for you...........Problem solved!

I don't know any obvious reason for not shipping a $50+ item overseas?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 36
latest reply

@ladybug2785 wrote:

Sure there is! Upper right corner "options".

Edit: I just edited this post!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Except:

When I click on Sell I only see one form, here on dotCA I get the old form (which I prefer in any case) but on dotCOM I get the new form (which I agree is over-simplified).

How do I change forms?

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

@ladybug2785 wrote:

Yes you can, but it is only available for a extremely small time frame from the "Options" list (top right of message). You can edit for about 5 minutes or so after you post -- then it's written in electronic stone.

-..-

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

The problem here is that there is no way to exclude individual countries with this new one page listing form. So either ship to Canada and USA or the whole world. This is only on dot ca, dot com still has the old form. "I don't know any obvious reason for not shipping a $50+ item overseas?" So I assume you like being forced to ship to nigeria and china at the same shipping cost as germany, UK and Australia. for example. Tracking to all these over seas countries is not the same price. Third party insurance does not insure really bad countries for obvious reasons. The same obvious reasons we would never ship to those bad countries in the first place. We still need to ship to the good over seas countries, As we said before. Shipping a $5 cassette tape to a risky country is no big risk but sending a $50+ tablet to the same bad country in a no go. We cannot charge the good countries $80+ for tracking to protect us, nobody from there would bid. Just got off the phone with ebay (took 1 hour) and they said the listing form cannot be changed back for dot ca. They Here is the message sent to us the day before they changed it: Dear ladybug2785, We’re excited to introduce a few changes to make it easier for you to sell on eBay. We have created a new listing tool that allows you to:     • Create listings using a simplified flow with half as many pages   • Upload photos in the background while you edit your listings   • Enter and track listings using your own SKUs   We have been testing the listing tool with a beta group of sellers and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Here's what they are saying:     “I love the new listing tool. It's easy to follow and picture uploading is way faster. Huge win!”       – Kathy T.       “The 'Sell Similar' functionality is AWESOME and will save so much time! Thank you!”       – Lynn D.       “LOVE IT! So user friendly! All on one page. Fast on-screen photo editing. Great update!”       – Heather C.     Now, it's your turn to experience these benefits. Over the coming days, you'll see changes to your listing tool that will help you to create listings faster and more easily. Of course, if you don't want your listings to be faster and easier, you can opt-out by contacting us. As always, we welcome your comments. Please use the ‘Send us your feedback’ link in the tool to let us know what you think. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Sincerely, eBay Seller Team Nothing happens when clicking the "options" with the dropdown, it just takes you to the top of the page without the normal options like "edit" that normally lets an edit happen within a set time since the original post.
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

It just lumped everything together...... We did not make the post that way.
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

We wasted almost 2 hours on the phone with ebay today over this matter. They have no idea what they are doing there. They claim that all Canadians have been switched to this new 1 page listing junk and that there is no way to reverse it. We know for a fact that that is not so. Our other account never got the "message" and remains unchanged. The first person we talked to also had a hard time grasping the concept of dot ca.

Anyways, here is the message ebay sent us a few days before changing:

Dear evi9999,

We’re excited to introduce a few changes to make it easier for you to sell on eBay. We have created a new listing tool that allows you to:

Create listings using a simplified flow with half as many pages
Upload photos in the background while you edit your listings
Enter and track listings using your own SKUs

We have been testing the listing tool with a beta group of sellers and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Here's what they are saying:

“I love the new listing tool. It's easy to follow and picture uploading is way faster. Huge win!”
– Kathy T.
“The 'Sell Similar' functionality is AWESOME and will save so much time! Thank you!”
– Lynn D.
“LOVE IT! So user friendly! All on one page. Fast on-screen photo editing. Great update!”
– Heather C.

Now, it's your turn to experience these benefits. Over the coming days, you'll see changes to your listing tool that will help you to create listings faster and more easily. Of course, if you don't want your listings to be faster and easier, you can opt-out by contacting us.

As always, we welcome your comments. Please use the ‘Send us your feedback’ link in the tool to let us know what you think. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
eBay Seller Team

This was just over a week ago. We just want the old sell item form back so we can specify ship to locations for high $ items that are different locations from our other low $ auctions. Insurepost only insures a small list of countries.

And to  ladybug2785, we were having forum issues like you described with the options dropdown to edit and the lumping of separated sentences. A firefox update from 48 to 48.0.1 fixed these 2 issues completely (for now).

In the above message from ebay from about a week ago it specifically states "Of course, if you don't want your listings to be faster and easier, you can opt-out by contacting us." How is it easier when important options have been removed with no way of fixing it?

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

"electronic stone"

Can I steal that concept for a science fiction story?

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

To evi9999, we tried the firefox 48.0.1 update you mentioned and the following is a test of it so everyone can clearly see the message ebay sent us: Dear ladybug2785, We’re excited to introduce a few changes to make it easier for you to sell on eBay. We have created a new listing tool that allows you to:     • Create listings using a simplified flow with half as many pages   • Upload photos in the background while you edit your listings   • Enter and track listings using your own SKUs   We have been testing the listing tool with a beta group of sellers and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Here's what they are saying:     “I love the new listing tool. It's easy to follow and picture uploading is way faster. Huge win!”       – Kathy T.       “The 'Sell Similar' functionality is AWESOME and will save so much time! Thank you!”       – Lynn D.       “LOVE IT! So user friendly! All on one page. Fast on-screen photo editing. Great update!”       – Heather C.     Now, it's your turn to experience these benefits. Over the coming days, you'll see changes to your listing tool that will help you to create listings faster and more easily. Of course, if you don't want your listings to be faster and easier, you can opt-out by contacting us. As always, we welcome your comments. Please use the ‘Send us your feedback’ link in the tool to let us know what you think. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Sincerely, eBay Seller Team Ebay also lied to us when we called them. They told us the same bs.
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

Still not working with firefox... Posting now with IE 11 on win7 64.

Dear ladybug2785, We’re excited to introduce a few changes to make it easier for you to sell on eBay. We have created a new listing tool that allows you to:

Create listings using a simplified flow with half as many pages
Upload photos in the background while you edit your listings
Enter and track listings using your own SKUs

We have been testing the listing tool with a beta group of sellers and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Here's what they are saying:

“I love the new listing tool. It's easy to follow and picture uploading is way faster. Huge win!”
– Kathy T.
“The 'Sell Similar' functionality is AWESOME and will save so much time! Thank you!”
– Lynn D.
“LOVE IT! So user friendly! All on one page. Fast on-screen photo editing. Great update!”
– Heather C.

Now, it's your turn to experience these benefits. Over the coming days, you'll see changes to your listing tool that will help you to create listings faster and more easily. Of course, if you don't want your listings to be faster and easier, you can opt-out by contacting us. As always, we welcome your comments. Please use the ‘Send us your feedback’ link in the tool to let us know what you think. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Sincerely, eBay Seller Team

Ebay also lied to us when we called them. They told us the same bs.

EDIT: forum posting issues are gone with IE 11.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

We are having the same new 1 page listing form problem with our other account, not this one. We called ebay 4 times about this already and each time they tell us a different lie. Basically the same untruths that they are telling the other posters about all Canadians have been switched to the new form and it being a permanent change. This account was never switched.... And they better not be switching this account.

Is there ever going to be a solution for this?

Also the ‘Send us your feedback’ link in the tool is useless and tries to open an email client... Most of the world stopped using email clients over 10 years ago when microsoft discontinued outlook express for the vista release due to security issues common with email clients. So what overwhelming positive feedback is ebay referring to in their messages to the affected sellers? This is going to be an extreemly small amount received from real backwards internet users that still use an email client. Really?

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Ok I got up at 7am cst (5am pt) to call the Ohio call center the minute they opened. A very polite nice english speaking lady answered and understood what I was talking about and that it only affected dot ca. She has promised to call me back within an hour with a solution. That was 10 minutes ago so we will see what happens.

Last night we had to end an important dot ca auction and list it on dot com so we could have only the select ship to countries that insurepost will cover for $1.60 US.

Message 15 of 36
latest reply

In the meantime, why not just set shipping to the countries insure post will insure for all listings?

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

Its unlikely that this will get fixed right away but according to the messages that eBay sent you can opt out of the new form by calling them.  I know that has worked for some US sellers.  Did you try asking them to switch you back to the old form?

Message 17 of 36
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@ladybug2785 wrote:

Good one ebay.

I don't know any obvious reason for not shipping a $50+ item overseas?

Nor do I.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 36
latest reply

Ok, a recap here for those who were not affected by this issue. Ebay dot ca decided to have a beta test of a stupid new one page listing tool that makes you create a template first before listing. No way to choose a category either. Then when you go to edit your ship to locations they forgot about that feature altogether.

Overall the new tool is not really that bad and is an attempt by ebay to unify things so it would work like the android app. However, the way ebay picked sellers at random to force it on with a guarantee that a simple phone call could fix it was very unprofessional to begin with since the people answering the phone have no idea even what day it is nevermind what dot ca is. One call to them yesterday made me furious because the person said I was calling the wrong customer service and that I should be calling Canadian customer service???? There is no such thing anymore.

Just wondering about another thing? What do ebay dot ca fr customers do when they need to phone ebay?

Anyways there is a solution for this from the seller listing tools of the forum as follows (giving credit to the poster of the solution):

@pocomocomputing wrote:

One way to get opted out of the new listing form on eBay.com for a long time was to start a listing in eBay motors and it would kick you out of the new selling form because it was not compatible for eBay motors. Then you cancel the eBay motors listing or close your browser to not complete the motors listing. Just starting the listing in eBay motors is enough to bring back the old form.

I don't know if this trick still works on eBay.com or if it will work on eBay.ca. If it does work, you have to call eBay to reset the new form for you to work again with the new form if you want to go back to the new form.

If someone wants to try this method then post back if it works or not. Just remember that you cannot get the new form back easily from what I read on eBay.com in the past months.

Fixed!!!

Thanks poco for the solution. Attempting to sell a car finally fixed the problem.

The staff at ebay are completely useless. They called me at work many times today. The boss was not pleased. The email they sent me today only referenced some sort of seller hub that I have never heard of??? When I called them yesterday I could not get them to understand that Canada has it's own ebay called dot ca and that this issue was only affecting dot ca and not affecting dot com.

Message 19 of 36
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Set up shipping under Account - Business Policies.

Message 20 of 36
latest reply