no free listings for the small shops for christmass

disgusting that ebay does not have any free listings for the small guy for the christmass  shame on you ,guess 50 per cent of my profits went to u and pay pal really sucks 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

disgusting that ebay does not have any free listings for the small guy for the christmass ...

Free listings on amazon.ca (by invitation): 1000 ending Nov 29

Free listings on amazon.com (by invitation): several offers currently running

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Amazon?????

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

very strange any one would menthion amazon being that they sent me an email awhile back never really paid much attn. to it,and not to sure how they even got my email add,so is it working over there for you????

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member

"Disgusting" "shame"???

Promos are extras, bonuses. They come when they come. They are not automatic nor should they be expected. Be happy when you get one. If not, get a store or pay for the extra listings. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Amazon?????

I was tired, and after awhile both venues seem the same (except when they're not). Yes, did mean eBay.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

With the spring update of 2014, I postulated that eBay would become a "pay to play" site. More and more that is happening.

I have had a store for a decade. It pays for itself. I get promos every month. The last few months it has been a free 1000 listings along with my 500.

I am convinced that upon examining the metrics, eBay has learned that the "pay top play" folks sell more and generate a higher rate of return to the Mother Ship.

If you had a business, would you give your product away for free or would you sell it?

Photobucket
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

disgusting that ebay does not have any free listings for the small guy for the christmass  shame on you ,guess 50 per cent of my profits went to u and pay pal really sucks 

If 50% of your profit is eaten up by eBay and PayPal fees it might be advisable to re-think your game plan.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Looks like they thought that briefly when they reduced non stores to 20 free listings. It didn't last very long before going back to to 50, plus more and better promos then ever before. Looks like the lost listings rather then gained stores when they tried that
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

But the other part of that is that eBay is only making money on sales.

So why waste bandwidth on free promotional listings with low sellthrough?

Oh yeah, because eBay is not profit driven it is stock price driven. The higher the stock price the happier the stockholders are because they believe they can make money by selling their stock (and rebuying it when it is lower). Gamblers.

If eBay paid dividends, it would be keeping investors happy by working on maximizing profits it can distribute.

I've said this so often, I'm even boring myself with it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@007steveb16 wrote:

@aubreyclay56 wrote:

If 50% of your profit is eaten up by eBay and PayPal fees it might be advisable to re-think your game plan.

My total of all fees and acquisition costs, everything, equals about 20% of my gross.

With the high dive the Loonie has taken, the exchange is now paying ALL of my fees and COGS, and leaving me with extra profit, compared with just three years ago.

"Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself" Bo Didley 1957

Photobucket
Message 11 of 11
latest reply