not able to have 2 shipping options?

OK so I want to do fixed price shipping to Canada since the price is the same everywhere as it is a large envelope.

But I also ship to the states I notice that the pricing is very weird anywhere from 3.64-8$ depending on were in the states for the packages i'm shipping which all usually fall in the same category for small air parcel to the states. I charge 7.33 on everything to the states because I would rather be safe than sorry.

I feel this is effecting my sales as if someone could be paying 3.64$ but is paying 7.33$  in shipping which is a big difference when some of the games i'm selling the shipping cost more than the actual game. 

I recently tried selling a remote as a fixed cost to Canada and an actual cost to the states to try something new out and it is giving me an error is there anyway I can do this without eBay trying to charge people in Canada for a parcel when that is not how I am shipping it because if I did that everyone would be charged anywere from 4-8$ in Canada instead of the 3.33 or is it one of the stupid ways they hold sellers back by not giving more options when it is possible.

my main question " is there anyway I can charge fixed cost shipping to Canadians and actual cost shipping to Americans"

thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

But I also ship to the states I notice that the pricing is very weird anywhere from 3.64-8$ depending on were in the states for the packages i'm shipping which all usually fall in the same category for small air parcel to the states. I charge 7.33 on everything to the states because I would rather be safe than sorry.

If you are using light packet or small packet, postage cost is based on weight...it has absolutely nothing to do with where in the U.S. the item is going to. Since you need to know the weight in order to price the Canadian shipping cost you should be able to do the same with the U.S. shipping. You should be able to use light packet in most cases unless the package is more than 2cm in depth. Then you would have to use small packet.

I don't have a link handy but you should look on the Canada Post site to see what the different weight and price points are for light and small packet. You can also use the CP calculator to figure out a price. http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Parcel prices are going up on Jan 12. There is info about it in the following thread.   http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Canada-Post-2015-Rates-coming-soon/m-p/287258#U287258

But to answer your question..yes, you can set up shipping within Canada at a flat rate and use calculated shipping for the U.S. If you do use calculated shipping for the U.S., you will also have to use calculated shipping for any other international locations that you want to ship to.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If you are using light packet or small packet, postage cost is based on weight...it has absolutely nothing to do with where in the U.S. the item is going to. Since you need to know the weight in order to price the Canadian shipping cost you should be able to do the same with the U.S. shipping. You should be able to use light packet in most cases unless the package is more than 2cm in depth. Then you would have to use small packet.

I don't have a link handy but you should look on the Canada Post site to see what the different weight and price points are for light and small packet. You can also use the CP calculator to figure out a price. http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Parcel prices are going up on Jan 12. There is info about it in the following thread.   http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Canada-Post-2015-Rates-coming-soon/m-p/287258#U287258

But to answer your question..yes, you can set up shipping within Canada at a flat rate and use calculated shipping for the U.S. If you do use calculated shipping for the U.S., you will also have to use calculated shipping for any other international locations that you want to ship to.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

wow thanks for pointing out the weight out I was quite confused about this they must not be letting the scale balance at exact # i'll need to watch it more next time.

Some of the items I sell are 195-199 g I have my own scale because some items are close and I want to give the right shipping and it really wasn't much money!

I can just do fixed if it is all the same that was a great help lol!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply