paypal shipping still doesn't offer the same discounts as before

ebay issued an update re: paypal shipping platform change for Cdns. was defaulting to set up a Cdn Post acct and rates were high; ebay says it's been fixed but rates are still high so no longer using paypal shipping; using Cda post snap ship as at least a $2 Cdn difference in the rates

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ez2curgr8 wrote:

ebay issued an update re: paypal shipping platform change for Cdns. was defaulting to set up a Cdn Post acct and rates were high; ebay says it's been fixed but rates are still high so no longer using paypal shipping; using Cda post snap ship as at least a $2 Cdn difference in the rates

Discounted rates using paypal are only if you link from eBay -- you must not buy directly from paypal.

Canada Post's Snap Ship is the better deal at the moment because it has a temporary extra 15% discount until the end of July.

-..-

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@ez2curgr8 wrote:

Discounted rates using paypal are only if you link from eBay -- you must not buy directly from paypal.

Canada Post's Snap Ship is the better deal at the moment because it has a temporary extra 15% discount until the end of July.

-..-

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

hi thanks for the reply as i didn't know it made a difference that when ready to ship you perform this via ebay rather than thru the paypal website

THANK YOU SO MUCH : D  but i will continue using the temporary snap ship for now as still a better rate

CHEERS!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@ez2curgr8 wrote:

hi thanks for the reply as i didn't know it made a difference that when ready to ship you perform this via ebay rather than thru the paypal website

THANK YOU SO MUCH : D  but i will continue using the temporary snap ship for now as still a better rate

eBay announced the change to getting eBay discounts only by linking from eBay back in January. But paypal didn't get around to implementing this until 2 weeks ago when they screwed things up.

I do agree, Snap Ship is the better $$ choice for most services because of that extra 15% discount. My wallet will go into mourning when August rolls around.

-..-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

yes when good old paypal screwed this up I lost $ on shipping on stuff sold during that time then wasted a few hours of mine as I had to change the US shipping rates on close to 1,000 listings now i must change them back !$!@#$!#$ errr!

Yes snap ship is the way to go for now; also can't believe there is no longer any discounts for high volume sellers re: paypal fees; if only there was some other trusted co. we could use and boycott paypal! Most of my sales are US so 3.7% fees from 3.3% !#$!!@#$

HUGE THANK U to U AGAIN : D

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Well booger, I thought it was a discounted if you have a small biz acct with CP?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

No sir, You should be mourning about FVF on shipNhandling.  I do it for fun as a seller but that 10% fee chokes the fun out of it.  Plus, with CP's discount, I am still incurring the cost of shipping by a small percentage. I do not know why Ebay does this, as PP also nibbles too, and I do not care for it.

Calling for Rogue One. :")

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This is an out of date thread.

Until May 2017 discounted shipping rates on PayPal were the rates eBay had with Canada Post.

May/June was a transition period.

After June 2017 discounted rates via PayPal are the same rates(*) the seller has with their Canada Post account (Solutions for Small Business / Venture One).  Shipping is available for any PayPal transaction (not just eBay sales).

From the end of June the discounted shipping rates that eBay has with Canada Post are handled through Shippo, not through PayPal.

-..-

(*) - except expedited parcel for Canada which has an extra 15% off until July 31/2017

Message 8 of 8
latest reply