paypel held refund question

I have a buyer who started a refund process, I accepted and the funds got held in paypal, they did not complete the step where it says item shipped, they seem to be quite busy, don't respond to messages.

Anyway I got the item and want to refund them, but it wont let me through paypal, because the refund process is not complete.

There is an option in the ebay refund page to refund now, and I would, but I don't want to get charged by paypal and still have my money held.

If I click that option will it come from the held money and complete the refund?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: paypel held refund question

Sorry but I'm bit confused. You have tried refunding on ebay and it won't let you? Since the return was done thorough ebay that's where you have to refund and it shouldn't matter if the item shows as shipped or not. When you refund through the ebay return the funds that are now on hold in PP should be released for the refund and you will then be credited your ebay fees back.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@peter32123 wrote:

I have a buyer who started a refund process, I accepted and the funds got held in paypal, they did not complete the step where it says item shipped, they seem to be quite busy, don't respond to messages.

Anyway I got the item and want to refund them, but it wont let me through paypal, because the refund process is not complete.

There is an option in the ebay refund page to refund now, and I would, but I don't want to get charged by paypal and still have my money held.

If I click that option will it come from the held money and complete the refund?

If case was opened on eBay, then you refund it on eBay.

Refund comes from the money that's been reserved for the case. No fees charged since it's a refund.

I've never had to deal with a case opened on paypal, so I'm not familiar with that process.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yes refund started on ebay, but paypal holds the money. I have given refund through paypal before by clicking on transactions, but this time it won't let me probably because refund did not even get to step 2 on ebay return process.

I messaged her to mark it as shipped on ebay hopefully she will.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sorry but I'm bit confused. You have tried refunding on ebay and it won't let you? Since the return was done thorough ebay that's where you have to refund and it shouldn't matter if the item shows as shipped or not. When you refund through the ebay return the funds that are now on hold in PP should be released for the refund and you will then be credited your ebay fees back.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

sorry I described poorly.

In the past for a return, it went through 4 steps and I marked in ebay that I received item then refunded and it released money to pay from paypal hold.

In this case though, buyer never advanced the steps, it is still on step 1, return started, and I have already received item, so if I chose to refund now through ebay, I am worried it will pay not from held money but regular paypal balance, and money will still be on hold too, I don't know if it will connect it to pay from held.

I suppose I will try it though if buyer doesn't get back to me.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I tried it and hit the refund now button and it paid from held funds, so that's good.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply