power seller

I have over 1 k in sales on 70 small sales, would 30 more put me in a PS?
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

power seller

Over what period of time. I would have to check but I think you have to be consistent for your next valuation

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

power seller

tobyshitzu
Community Member

yes if they are all in the same 12 months, and they call count as single transactions

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

power seller

If you're not a PowerSeller yet, you can always work your way up by meeting these requirements:

• Be registered with eBay for at least 90 days.

• Have an account in good standing.

• Maintain a positive Feedback of 98% or higher over the past 12 months.

• Follow all eBay policies.

• Have a minimum of 100 transactions and $1,000  in sales with Global buyers over the past 12 months.

• Receive at least a 4.60 average from Global buyers across all 4 detailed seller ratings (DSRs).

• For all transactions with Global buyers, have no more than 1.20% of transactions with low DSRs (1s or 2s) on item as described, and a maximum of 2.40% of low DSRs on communication, shipping time, and shipping and handling cost.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

power seller

Ok. Thanks, and under 1 year
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

power seller

PS used to mean something, back when it was $1000 per MONTH.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

power seller

@mr.elmwood wrote:
PS used to mean something, back when it was $1000 per MONTH.

Quite right.  Nowadays I doubt it makes much difference in terms of search placement, etc., and there are no particular perquisites attached to it aside from the PS logo being displayed.

Basically its only real value is just as a stepping-stone to the TRS discount. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

power seller

Absolutely true Rose. I got my TRS back, again. I will lose it again.
Photobucket
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

power seller

@mr.elmwood wrote:
Absolutely true Rose. I got my TRS back, again. I will lose it again.

Which seems rather ridiculous to me, for a seller like you who is always busy and always trying to give good service.  I think eBay has its priorities a bit upside-down.  But then, they don't want so many of us getting discounts I suppose. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

power seller

On the other hand (I wanted to add), what other "carrots" do they have for us these days?  It seems to me that for even the best, most diligent, most careful smaller sellers, its 95% stick, 5% carrot -- and they snatch that carrot away pretty darn quickly if you make just a couple of minor, even inadvertent, mistakes. 

I'm always keenly aware now that with my rather low volume (not necessarily low dollar volume, just low # of transactions), I could go from 0 defects, TRS, 100% positive FB, almost 5 stars across the board, with 7 years of continuous selling on eBay, to no TRS, below standard status, possibly with restrictions, and drop to near the bottom of the barrel, with just 5 (for TRS) to 8 different "defective" transactions over a whole year.  

At the moment, in my own situation that TRS discount is critically important because it helps fund the shipping subsidies or free shipping I provide to my buyers, which in turn help to boost sales.  It probably also gives me decent search placement (I'm guessing).  Once it's gone, selling would become a lot more difficult, visibility and placement would slip, sales would probably drop, and recovering the same status again might never happen for the likes of me.  It would be a cascading downward fall, no thanks to eBay.  I'm not a natural worrier, but the fact that some of the parameters are out of my direct control makes the whole current eBay punishment system a constant concern. 

I hope you can claw your way back up the TRS slope again soon! 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

power seller

I think eBay has its priorities a bit upside-down.  But then, they don't want so many of us getting discounts I suppose. 

You are maybe right.  Who knows, with the new boss taking over Ebay, what would be a better what than to eliminate the TRS entirely. 

Wow, the savings Ebay would acheive. Never know may happen in a revision of TRSs , where they will implement standards that the best of us will have difficulty achieving.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

power seller

I could never really get TRS. It seems to me that eBay makes it profits in fees - the higher the fees the better. But the base that status on volume. I will never hit one of those goals - and that is over 100 sales in a year. However sometimes in my 6 month selling season I will hit close to 10K - that's a lot of fees. I am perfect on the rest of the requirements except that one, so I am not a power sell nor to I have TRS statues, nor do I have a store because my volume is too small.

Life is not fair - go figure.

Actually I just had a look at Etsey. It has come a long way since I took a peak. I even made a purchase. There are now a lot of sellers in Etsey that used to be my competition on eBay. There used to only be a few radios on Etsey - now there are tons. I wonder how they are doing?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

power seller

@rosscd57 wrote:

Actually I just had a look at Etsey. It has come a long way since I took a peak. I even made a purchase. There are now a lot of sellers in Etsey that used to be my competition on eBay. There used to only be a few radios on Etsey - now there are tons. I wonder how they are doing?

All I can tell you is that, compared to eBay, I love it -- the site is so simple and easy to navigate, rules are clear, simple, straightforward, everything just works well, is user-friendly, and makes sense.  And they're not constantly monkeying around with the site and making changes every couple of weeks like eBay does!  

As for sales, I think competition is a lot stiffer than it was, especially since they've now opened up their market to permit certain types of manufacturers.  However, their "punishment" system is far less heavy-handed and paranoid than eBay.  As a seller, you don't live in constant fear of being demoted to the point of being unable to sell.  

I'm just hoping they don't catch the eBay disease of inviting all the huge commercial sellers in.  

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

power seller

Rose-dee - a question for you. Do you, or can you put an item for sale on both sites and if it sell on one site - cancel on the other?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

power seller

@rosscd57 wrote:

Rose-dee - a question for you. Do you, or can you put an item for sale on both sites and if it sell on one site - cancel on the other?

'ross', you can do this, but I'd strongly advise against it unless you keep a really tight watch on your inventory and on both sites.  

The problem is a lot more serious with eBay -- if you sell something on the other site and the same thing is purchased more or less at the same time on eBay, you've got an item you can't deliver to one buyer or the other. The choice would be to have a seller-error cancellation on eBay (= defect and possible neg/neutral FB), or to reverse the sale on the other site (= unhappy and disappointed buyer who may leave a bad review).  

Of course, if you make a sale on one site and catch it in time and de-list the item on the alternate site, you won't have a problem.  However, the other issue is that I'm not sure how many times eBay permits a seller to end listings in a given time period.  I seem to recall that doing that too many times could impact your status. 

At any rate, I think the best strategy is to divide up your inventory, try selling on the other site items that don't seem to sell well here, and vice-versa, or sell different categories on each.  For example, I have a different product line offered there than on eBay.  

Do be aware though that world-wide exposure is of course less than eBay and sales I think are slower.  On the other hand, the buyer demographic is different and marketing is targeted toward those searching for OOAK items -- you're not going to be getting a lot of 20-somethings looking for the latest electronic gadget, because they aren't permitted to be sold there (at least not yet).  

Message 15 of 15
latest reply