problem with calculated shipping

I had an item (fairly large item) listed with a quantity of 2 with calculated shipping, a customer bought both the items and checked out but when I checked the invoice he was only charged a shipping cost for 1 item.  I took measurements and checked the weight of both items and its going to cost quite a bit more to ship both than just 1.  I asked the buyer what the invoice said and he sent me a copy and on the invoice it has a field "Shipping discount from seller" with the amount of one of the items.  Why did this happen? I don't have any sort of shipping discount setup as far as I know.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

anyone have an idea?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The wording might be an automagic thing they stick in and doesn't mean you have discounts.

I generally use Turbolister to list, although sometimes I do relist. If this was a BIN and you have multiple items, in the shipping it has the shipping price for the fist item and you have to fill in the cost for additional items purchased (of same item) which is beside it. I can't remember what it defaults to if you don't do anything but my guess is zero.... if I recall I have had the same thing happen and it happened because when I changed the quantity of an item up from 1, I forgot to go down and fill in the additional items shipping amount....
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

PS I should have added that I always use flat rate shipping so calculated may be different.....
Message 4 of 4
latest reply