"No product found for ProductListingDetails"

I posted this problem under Site Issues on the weekend but I don't think it's been getting the attention required so I'm bringing it up again. 

There is a major problem right now with the Bulk Editing tool and an orange flag that crops up after you've changed some details of your listings. I cannot stress sufficiently how big a problem it has the potential to be for sellers. 

The Bulk Relist tool will work fine until the point at which you begin to alter information within the listings. In my case, for example, it is to make minor changes to the text of the Item Description(s). Once this is done, the "No product found for ProductListingDetails" orange flag error will surface which, as I have discovered, it is SAFE TO IGNORE.

More ominous is if the post-alteration orange flag warning DOES NOT arise. If you don't see an orange flag on your listing, this means that ebay has FOUND YOUR ITEM in its Product Catalogue and is now ALTERING YOUR LISTING TO MATCH ITS INFO and in EVERY CASE where this has happened to me, THE PRODUCT CATALOGUE INFORMATION HAS BEEN INCORRECT. It will have the wrong MPN or list of characters or parts or category or scale or whatever but it will be wrong. Video may be embedded. You won't be notified of this 'match' it will just happen and your listing will be altered forever while you go on whistling Dixie and are none the wiser until a buyer makes the purchase and asks you the reason your item does not match its Product Catalogue description.

I don't know if this is a seller-specific problem and I haven't yet combed through the ebay.com Boards to see if this is happening to certain sellers south-side but I can tell you that I did not spend an entire month painstakingly incorporating product identifiers into 820+ listings only to have an inherently flawed Product Catalogue wreck them without my knowledge.

If anyone at ebay corporation is listening, contact me to see this in action. I can and will replicate the error for you easily as it has been happening steadily since the weekend. To other sellers, beware. This will happen to you. Again, if you utilize the bulk editor tool to just straight-up relist something, nothing will happen to your listings but the moment you change some part of that listing, orange flags will be brought to your attention at which point you MUST comb through every Item Specific that ISN'T FLAGGED to ensure your  Item Specifics aren't being manipulated incorrectly. I have been a proponent of the whole movement to Product Identifiers from the moment it was announced but in every instance where my listings have been touched by ebay's Product Catalogue, the information HAS BEEN WRONG and this was also something that I flagged from the start. 

Screen Shot ORANGE FLAGS 2015-07-30 at 7.24.01 AM.jpg

Remember, once you see this Orange Flag epidemic, it is imperative to check the items NOT FLAGGED because those have been matched to the Product Catalogue. Perhaps you sell in a straightforward category where the devil isn't in the details and any minor errors that you find with the Product Catalogue details will not concern you but NONE of my listings matched were to details that are correct. I'm in toys. This has happened with Hot Wheels, Disney Cars and LEGO. 

Good luck as you carry forward.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

"If anyone at ebay corporation is listening, contact me"

Staffers at eBay generally do not read these posts. Not enough manpower, not enough time.

I suggest you contact Raphael directly.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Bulk edit is a Seller Listing Tool so you should post in the eBay.ca Seller Listing Tools forum which is read at least weekly by eBay USA technical staff. There are often responses there to issues posted there.

You should also go to the eBay USA forum for Technical issues. There was also a few topics on Product identifiers issues with active participation on these issues.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Bulk edit is a Seller Listing Tool so you should post in the eBay.ca Seller Listing Tools forum which is read at least weekly by eBay USA technical staff. There are often responses there to issues posted there.

You should also go to the eBay USA forum for Technical issues. There was also a few topics on Product identifiers issues with active participation on these issues.

There's a Listing Tool forum?! I had no idea whatsoever.

Thank you pocomocomputing and pierrelebel. I have to step away form my desk for a few hours but I will act on your advice when I return. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply