"eBay Shopping Cart Hinders Cross Border Trade"

From eCommerceBytes - March 31st Edition:

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y15/m03/i31/s03

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

WOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!   Woman LOL 

At last, Ina noticed.  Or, actually it looks as if we have someone in particular to thank -- I wonder which of our posters on the "cart disconnect" followed through?  

Maybe someone in San Jose will now pay attention.  THANK YOU to whoever wrote to Ina. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

eBay has far too many useless cosmetic changes and site redesigns to make before they even think about creating a 20th century shopping cart system. Changing from "saved searches" to "searches you follow" has sure enhanced my eBay experience. It's too bad the new system doesn't have the functionality the old one had. I wouldn't trust these twits to even design a proper universal shopping cart system. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

WOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!   Woman LOL 

At last, Ina noticed.  Or, actually it looks as if we have someone in particular to thank -- I wonder which of our posters on the "cart disconnect" followed through?  

Maybe someone in San Jose will now pay attention.  THANK YOU to whoever wrote to Ina. 

Yeah if we are lucky we can look forward to a non-answer from Ryan the eBay mouthpiece.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I just finished reading 2 emails from a U.S. buyer who contacted me today for exactly this reason.  This is the first time anyone has bothered to contact me because they were having a problem with the shopping cart.  Who knows how many sales have been missed because it is too much trouble to buy from Canadians.

I sent the buyer an email giving her different options for making her purchases.  Now I will wait and see if she feels it is worth the hassle or if I miss out on a good order.

I haven't been on the board much lately and will be off for awhile...having surgery.  Thanks to all who have pushed for a solution to this huge problem on the weekly discussion board.  Keep it up...I will contribute when I can.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

The same problem exists for all mobile users, they cannot use the cart(no matter where the listing originates) or combine items without paying full price shipping for each item.

The only work around is to ask them to use a laptop or desktop to avoid the issue, but we are finding more and more people only have smart phones to shop from. I feel like our venue is missing the boat in making less friction for the buyers to complete a transaction.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@armbo_comics wrote:

The same problem exists for all mobile users, they cannot use the cart(no matter where the listing originates) or combine items without paying full price shipping for each item.

If you're able to do a test on this and save the screen shot (that is, attempt a purchase on .ca via mobile from a Canadian seller), I'd encourage you to post that on the Wed. board hour this week.  The eBay.ca staffers seem to be of the opinion that the .ca cart works perfectly (which I've discovered it doesn't, for other reasons). 

Since anyone (including a Canadian buyer) logged onto eBay.com can't use the cart anyway to purchase from a Canadian seller, it won't matter whether they're on a mobile or a laptop/PC.  However, if you find a glitch with the .ca cart, you should make Raphael aware of that.  They seem to at least be able to do something about the Canadian cart if it's brought to their attention.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

It can't hurt to ask Raphael about it but there are problems with the mobile app in general and I don't think that it is specifically related to .ca. Sellers on .com have often complained about the app not working properly at checkout.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

It's nice to see that someone is listening but I'm not getting too excited - I want to but I'm skeptical...

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply