"return to sender"

so i just received a package in the mail which i sent the address was crossed out and there's a yellow piece of paper at the bottom saying

"return to sender"

reasons :

moved / unknown /

no complaint from buyer and it's been a  month.. curious of any steps i should take.. I used his verified Paypal. Forgot to add buyer did not answer email. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

"return to sender"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get them once in a while.  A few years ago, one every expensive package returned and I contacted the buyer by email and phone so many times, no luck.  It was over $300.00!  I get to keep the item and $$$.  So far he never contacted me since then but I was told it was possible by a stolen credit card, or whatever. 

Others were returned due to postal workers not checking them or doing their jobs and I had to re-mail them (with same addresses) and they finally arrived.  Once it was returned twice from the same address in Hawaii for no reasons!!  I was reimbursed by the post office for each time, that was with tracking number.  If without tracking number, I would have to pay again for the postage!  Apparently the post office or whoever are not doing their jobs.

Once it was returned to me because whoever look at the shipping label looked at the top address (my return address) and returned it to me and since then I use blue underline around the "To....." to ensure to get anyone's attention that it where they need to look at and ship them to the persons.

It seems that the more we pay for postage, the more lousy mail service, including the more slower mail service, more damages to the packages/parcels.   For your information, I found out last week Canada Post no longer give out the large red fragile stickers to anyone which they stopped 3 months ago.  I find it very ironic because the more we pay the postage, the more damages to our packages/parcels.  It looks like Canada Post wants us to start to use Expedited, Tracked Packet &/or XpressPost??

Nearly 90 of my packages/parcels are sent by Expedited, Tracked Packet or XpressPost the last 2 years now, due to many asking "where is my item?" and also the potential scammers.  Since I changed the mail service without tracking number to mail service with tracking number, it reduced a lot of "where is my item?" or potential scammers.  Sad but it is fact on eBay nowadays.

It is one of many reasons that US sellers are using GSP but actually they could have use eBay's E-Delcon which is much cheaper than GSP.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"return to sender"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get them once in a while.  A few years ago, one every expensive package returned and I contacted the buyer by email and phone so many times, no luck.  It was over $300.00!  I get to keep the item and $$$.  So far he never contacted me since then but I was told it was possible by a stolen credit card, or whatever. 

Others were returned due to postal workers not checking them or doing their jobs and I had to re-mail them (with same addresses) and they finally arrived.  Once it was returned twice from the same address in Hawaii for no reasons!!  I was reimbursed by the post office for each time, that was with tracking number.  If without tracking number, I would have to pay again for the postage!  Apparently the post office or whoever are not doing their jobs.

Once it was returned to me because whoever look at the shipping label looked at the top address (my return address) and returned it to me and since then I use blue underline around the "To....." to ensure to get anyone's attention that it where they need to look at and ship them to the persons.

It seems that the more we pay for postage, the more lousy mail service, including the more slower mail service, more damages to the packages/parcels.   For your information, I found out last week Canada Post no longer give out the large red fragile stickers to anyone which they stopped 3 months ago.  I find it very ironic because the more we pay the postage, the more damages to our packages/parcels.  It looks like Canada Post wants us to start to use Expedited, Tracked Packet &/or XpressPost??

Nearly 90 of my packages/parcels are sent by Expedited, Tracked Packet or XpressPost the last 2 years now, due to many asking "where is my item?" and also the potential scammers.  Since I changed the mail service without tracking number to mail service with tracking number, it reduced a lot of "where is my item?" or potential scammers.  Sad but it is fact on eBay nowadays.

It is one of many reasons that US sellers are using GSP but actually they could have use eBay's E-Delcon which is much cheaper than GSP.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"return to sender"

Canada Post no longer give out the large red fragile stickers to anyone which they stopped 3 months ago.

Most of the parcels handled by Canada Post (or for that matter by any courier) are most in danger of damage in the terminals where they are moved about by machinery.

Most machines can't read, so the stickers are not of much use.

You can, of course, if you want, write FRAGILE on your parcels. Be sure to put it on all six sides, because there is no reason to believe that any worker will ever see it if it is only on one side.

I find it very ironic because the more we pay the postage, the more damages to our packages/parcels. 

At an eBay seminar once, a Canada Post employee told us that we should expect that our parcels are dropping up to two feet from one conveyor to another. And that the next parcel could weigh 50 pounds.

We should package with that in mind.

He didn't mention that parcels are also stacked on the trucks, containers and planes they travel in , so your parcel should be able to take the weight of several parcels above it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"return to sender"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I always put the fragile stickers on every sides.  There are way too many idiot workers at post office for way too long.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

"return to sender"

If they are as idiotic as you seem to think then I doubt that any fragile sticker is going to make a difference
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

"return to sender"

Episode of Thrift Hunters where Jason "teed" up his parcel and hit it with a golf club. It survived. I use the "toss it down the stairs" method.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

"return to sender"

I use the leave-it-on-the stairs-in-the-middle-of-the-night method. Stops intruders in their tracks. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply