re selling a canceled item?

hi , quick question someone just bought an item then canceled the order is their any quick way I can re-post the item without going through the process again. Yes it's not that much work but work is work I had 150 items which i had to edit and I didn't realize till i was 100 through that there was a mass edit 😄

anyway thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buyers can't cancel orders.

The buyer has to agree to or ignore the seller's Request for Mutual Cancellation.

So, sorry, no quick out.

From eBay's point of view, your buyer has asked you to send him the MC. The transaction is still live until you either do that or open a Unpaid Item Dispute.

The MC is faster if the buyer agrees promptly, but there is the question of feedback. If the buyer is in any way hostile or entitled, and check her feedback left for other sellers, the UID is much much safer.

UIDs also protect other sellers against deadbeats, since we can put automatic Blocks against bidders with UID Strikes.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

With the new system some buyers can ask to have a sale cancelled if they do so within an hour after the purchase and if the item hasn't been marked as shipped yet. If the seller agrees, the sale is then cancelled and the seller is refunded their fees.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

With the new system some buyers can ask to have a sale cancelled if they do so within an hour after the purchase and if the item hasn't been marked as shipped yet. If the seller agrees, the sale is then cancelled and the seller is refunded their fees.

That exact scenario played out for me tonight. I was presented with a webform with a radio button to accept the Buyer's request for cancellation/refund.

What still isn't clear...is there a defect associated with this type of cancellation?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

OK sorry yes the buyer did ask to cancel and I canceled. that being said is there anyway i can re post the item without going through the listing process.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Click the item that you sold but cancelled, then click sell similar or relist. Or from your sold folder click the arrow on the right, then it will pop up option to sell similar or relist

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@doc_scribe wrote:

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

That exact scenario played out for me tonight. I was presented with a webform with a radio button to accept the Buyer's request for cancellation/refund.

What still isn't clear...is there a defect associated with this type of cancellation?

No, there will not be a defect generated any time a buyer changes his/her mind or makes an error.  

A cancellation only creates a defect (at least according to the most recent word from eBay staffers) if it's the result of seller error -- i.e., usually "ran out of stock" or "sold to another buyer".  The principle is that a cancellation because of seller error may affect whether or not a buyer purchases again or doesn't return to eBay at all.  

In other words, if the buyer made his/her own error for any reason, you won't be held accountable as the seller. 

BTW, because it seems eBay has had some difficulty sorting out its own rules, if you do get a defect for a buyer-cancelled transaction, you should call CS and ask to have it removed.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply