refund question

I have an item being returned from Texas. The buyer did not go through the eBay claims process, he just put it in the mail and sent it back. We agreed that we would split the return postage - I will give him half of it back when the item gets here. When it arrives I will refund his original payment and shipping costs.

Can I claim my Final Value fees back and if so, given this circumstance - how?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

refund question

@rosscd57 wrote:

That link only seems to deal with items that have not been sent to the purchaser.

resolution centre ---> I want to cancel a transaction ----> find item  ---> refund choosing buyer request or address problem.

Refund goes automatically. Cancel request goes to buyer. If buyer does not respond, it auto cancels in favour of the seller. FVF back and no defect.

Sportster, any refund through Paypal that references to the buyer, seller, transaction, within 30 days will generate a defect. Also, Ross would not get his considerable FVF back.

Photobucket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

refund question

You can cancel transaction at your personal ebay page - Resolution Center.

Enter item number - Choose a reason (buyer change his mind/ or returning item to seller)

Here is how:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

refund question

That link only seems to deal with items that have not been sent to the purchaser.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

refund question

Likely you will need to continue your solution since is out of EBay control?
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

refund question

After you have the item back, could you do a Mutual Cancellation?

Sounds as if you and the buyer are on pretty good terms.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

refund question

Good idea - but I can't find the link.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

refund question

@rosscd57 wrote:

resolution centre ---> I want to cancel a transaction ----> find item  ---> refund choosing buyer request or address problem.

Refund goes automatically. Cancel request goes to buyer. If buyer does not respond, it auto cancels in favour of the seller. FVF back and no defect.

Sportster, any refund through Paypal that references to the buyer, seller, transaction, within 30 days will generate a defect. Also, Ross would not get his considerable FVF back.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

refund question

Mr.E, if we refund on our own that generates a defect? Also does a shipping portion discount count as a defect? Complicated for me but only sell a bit and not going to loose any sleep about EBay jumping hoops.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

refund question

BTW how is even possible to refund through PP without references to both buyer and seller,, is there a link to defects?
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

refund question

If you refund just a portion of the payment, there is no defect.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply