request for refund for non arrival of item

dansk66
Community Member

how often does this happen?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are you asking as the buyer, or the seller?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Every seller is likely to give you a slightly different answer depending on their experience, but overall the likelihood of getting a request for refund because the item didn't arrive is small. Many sellers on here have had thousands of transactions with only a small handful of cases where items supposedly didn't show up.

There are some categories that are more likely to "go missing" such as jewellery, video games, or other small and high-valued items, but again, I believe the overall rate of non-arrivals is very low.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Also, some things are held at Customs and, without tracking, the seller has no way of knowing that. 

The following is one of my favourite links to share. If you, as a seller, are considering exporting, you must check when listing an item that it is not prohibited or restricted (for some weird reason) in the country your buyer may wants to ship it into. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/pgIntDest-e.asp?letter=R%C2%A0

If you have a glance through it, you'll see some of the things that aren't allowed into certain places make no sense whatsoever. Illogically banned. But you'd never guess unless you read it first. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

you will also get people who count the days on the estimated delivery date and file immediately for item not received.. you will deal with all types of buyers if you are selling on here.. long story short yes , if you ship without tracking on low value items you can expect to lose a few to non- delivery, including but not totally always true.. the odd item truly will not show up, and then you will get buyers who scam you and say it didn't arrive.. take it with a grain of salt.. expect to lose a few..it is the nature of the beast here..

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Here is a link to my annual self insurance experience review.

I'm a stamp guy so my experience will be better than some more "dangerous" categories...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/My-experience-including-2015-Self-insurance-cookie-jar/m-...

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I am asking this as a seller and on non-tracked items.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply