selling something for 6$ or selling something for 3$ + 3$ shipping

Just a quick question i'm kind of confused of what eBay does with the shipping money. Do they put it toward there shipping label which you print through there website or do they  give  it to you're Paypal account along with the price you sold your item for.

Another question is what are the fees on shipping , like is it worth it to make the 3$ in shipping and it costs me only 1.5$-2$ to ship so would ebay be taking a less commission than the 10% they take from me for the item sold and I would save some money or should i continue to build in shipping price into actual price?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@wordwidevideogames wrote:

Just a quick question i'm kind of confused of what eBay does with the shipping money. Do they put it toward there shipping label which you print through there website or do they  give  it to you're Paypal account along with the price you sold your item for.

Another question is what are the fees on shipping , like is it worth it to make the 3$ in shipping and it costs me only 1.5$-2$ to ship so would ebay be taking a less commission than the 10% they take from me for the item sold and I would save some money or should i continue to build in shipping price into actual price?

Thanks!

eBay does nothing with "the" shipping money. You get paid the gross amount less fees. What you do with that money is up to you.

$6 or $3 + $3 is a marketing technique that you decide on. The amount you receive is still $6 less fees regardless of which way you do it.

eBay takes their % on the gross amounts, regardless of how it is split up.

Photobucket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

@wordwidevideogames wrote:

Thanks!

eBay does nothing with "the" shipping money. You get paid the gross amount less fees. What you do with that money is up to you.

$6 or $3 + $3 is a marketing technique that you decide on. The amount you receive is still $6 less fees regardless of which way you do it.

eBay takes their % on the gross amounts, regardless of how it is split up.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 2
latest reply