selling template

so i would like to start using a template for my listings. to make it look better. i was trying to use inkfrog but it dosent sync with ebay.ca. should i consider using ebay template, or is there another option?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

selling template

There is speculation that all the lovely templates available will soon be moot because ebay is looking to streamline the buyer experience for viewing on mobile devices. It's better to add all your pictures to your ebay listing proper and keep your Item Description simple and to the point. (Of course the latter is questionable advice coming from me since I probably have the longest on the site.) 

Most buyers don't take the time to read those Item Descriptions so a lovely template might be pointless. Photographs are what needs to reflect the uniqueness of your item(s). Take lots of good quality shots. Use all those 12 spots. I find a dozen is sometimes not enough. That's where a template might come in handy. 

Other sellers will have other opinions. Some will be here soon to share them.

Best of luck to you.

p.s. Please do use Signature Required (no exceptions) on your items. Due to your high-value listings and relatively low feedback number, you are going to be a target for unscrupulous types. Don't fall victim, please. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

selling template

I have been using Inkfrog for about 8/9 years and never had a problem using their templates on CA or COM and I find it more reliable than TL

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

selling template

once i check out and item through paypal. would there be an option for signature required. i have already have a couple of buyers try to scam me already. but i make sure i do all my checks, and if im still not sure i always call ebay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

selling template

i just dont want my listing to look cheap. just looking at other sellers templates, puts mine to shame. i hope that by using a templates, i could get more costumers. i figured out, how to use inkfrog. and ive already completed two listing and i can tell you it looks alot better then before. i hope it works and i get some sales. im going to wait until friday afternoon. then i will post my new listing. im getting veiws but no buyers as yet. hopefully this will help. if i do get some sales, and i could actually grow the business i think i will try lillystar and get it done profesionally. only time will tell

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

selling template

This is my template.

<!-- Auction ad begins here --><center><table border=2 cellpadding=10><tr><td bgcolor="#ffcccc"><font face=Arial,Helvetica><center><b><font face=Textile size=+5 color=red><BR><BR>

</font><font face=Textile size=+3 color=blue><BR><BR>
</font><font face=Textile size=+2><BR><BR>

<BR><BR>

I put it together from some HTML coding instructions I found about 15 years ago. It gives a pink background <td bgcolor="#ffcccc"> And various sizes and colours of letters.

There are some templates available on the Sell Your Item form. You will pay 10 cents a listing for them. If the listing is Fixed Price/Good Till Cancelled you will pay that dime every time your item automatically relists every 30 days.

You asked about Signature Confirmation. This is available on parcel services for about $1.50 and you need it on any shipment valued over $750CDN (including postage) if a buyer claims non-delivery.

Given the value of your items, and the high markup on jewellry, I would suggest adding Free Shipping to Canada and the USA.

don't panic

free shipping just means calculating the cost of (tracked, signature confirmed) shipping into the value of your item.

Might I also suggest doing some buying on eBay to build your feedback quickly. Feedback is trust, and low feedback sellers, especially of high value products need that trust.

And look at your listings on a mobile device. Especially in this holiday shopping season, impulse buyers will be using their phones to buy. And the listing can look much different on the phone.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

selling template

If you are shipping to the U.S. via Canada Post, the only service with signature confirmation is Xpresspost and it is included in the cost.

Many of the countries that you ship to do not offer signature confirmation and even when they do, there is no guarantee that the mail service in that country will require that the receiver sign. If the item and shipping is more than $750 U.S. and the buyer claims they didn't receive the item, you will lose if they file an ebay or paypal claim. For items that expensive and as a new seller, I suggest that you sell to Canada and the U.S. only.

Other than Canada, there is no shipping price showing in your listing. Without a shipping price to their country, it's quite possible that buyers outside of Canada will not see your listing at all.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply