this goes out to all the loser watchers out there. i just sold a $100 coin for $16.50

on this lot i had 8 watchers and 1 only real bidder out of 8> what a DEAL they got! a $100 coin for $16.50. so this note goes out to all the LOSER WATCHERS out there.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

this goes out to all the loser watchers out there. i just sold a $100 coin for $16.50

drucecat
Community Member

I realize that sometimes you just have to vent, but it's probably not a good idea to vent publicly.

For all you know, one of those "loser watchers" may be a bidder on one of your remaining auctions. How do you think they would feel if they read your post.

Watchers are , just that - WATCHERS! There only commitment to you is an interest in what you are selling. They may be competitors with similar products, or they may be away from their computer (and they do not use a sniping service) or they may not have received the funds they thought that they might, prior to your auctions closing; but, regardless of why they put your item on their watch list, I don't believe you have any right to call them "losers".

Two simple givens that I take to be fact - Watchers are seldom buyers, and those who ask questions almost never bid.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

You didn't ask $100 so it is your fault.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

EBay encourages new and naive sellers to start auctions very low.

But common sense should tell a seller that she has to cover her costs (Procurement, labour, fees, etc) in her opening price.

Auctions are less and less popular on eBay, both with buyers impatient to get their item and sellers who want to make profits. 

Also with an auction your second bidder, the one who would pay $99 for your coin, may not have been looking during the seven days of your listing.

With a Fixed Price listing, your item could have been advertised for 30 days at the price you want to get. Isn't that worth 30 cents?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@astrogirl197012 wrote:

on this lot i had 8 watchers and 1 only real bidder out of 8> what a DEAL they got! a $100 coin for $16.50. so this note goes out to all the LOSER WATCHERS out there.

You may think the coin is worth $100.00 but it is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

How very true

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Can't  sweat the watchers.  If you have an auction, and the number of watchers increases over the last few days, it is usually a very good indicator that there will be some bidding activity.

If a fixed price listing, lots of watchers doesn't mean much since if they really wanted it, it would get purchased.  I watch a number of items I have not intention of buying, but give me feedback.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Calling potential customers "losers". Interesting tactic.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Oddly, none of my friends call me a "loser". Losers do, but, not friends.
Photobucket
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Elm you got some goods friends because at any given time Loser could be consider one of the nicer things my friends call me LOL ... My wife well she calls me a loser everytime I make a bad jk .... Wathers=Window Shoppers... Curious but broke till next pay
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Brande, you are anything and everything but a loser. You have carved out a marvelous business, in a genre, from a location, that simply amazes me.

I do have a, undiagnosed, bipolar ex that fondly referred to me as "lying, cheating, thieving, alcoholic" amongst other pet names.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member
Astrogirl,

I've had items that have had 6 to 8 watchers that went unsold. And some items that have had 0 watchers and there has been a bidding war. Watchers can be people with the exact same item as you and are doing their research before they sell. Or it could be flash in the pan buyers. It could be someone watching and hoping it goes unsold so you will relist at a lower price. Or what have you. The lesson here should be to start an item at the lowest price that you are comfortable of letting it go. If you only get the opening bid.
Message 13 of 13
latest reply