trying to get address confirmation from buyer no response so I come here.

So on Friday I contacted a buyer asking if hes sure his address was right because It is missing a number were the street is.. Got no response so I ask here. He is new to ebay so I can't look at any history he has.

The person lives north Ontario won't give much info but when I type postal code in it is as far north as I think people live. But here is how his papal shipping label looks

(Name)

Jan-uet    (I usually see a street address here) - this is the part that confuses me This is not exactly what he has but it is like this with no number..

(City he lives) ontario (postal code)

Canada

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It is unusual, but in very small communities, some streets will not have house numbers. Some will have named houses/properties ( Bide-a wee/ Skywalker Ranch/ Dunmanifestin).

Of course they don't usually have home delivery either.

I'd try Google Maps to see if the street is viewable there. You may find there is only one house on the street.

Or you could try phoning the municipal office and asking if they have street numbers.

Or you could ask eBay to give you his phone number. He gets yours at the same time.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

i type in the postal code and there is literally nothing around the area a high way about 1 k away from point but there are no houses or roads leading up to it I'll try to get the persons phone number thanks! Also when I type in street/name they gave me were street address is, it shows nothing available.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

There won't be an address. It goes to what passes for a PO, probably operating out of someone's shop. There are a few around here like that. No PO box # either, as there aren't any. Everything sits on a shelf kinda like General Delivery.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Try this Canada Post Address Complete. Use the web page, no need for using the free trial. Works great for checking addresses. It even works for other countries but you only see the other country option if you click once in the data entry box or start an address.

Try it with addresses you know to get a feel for this free CP tool.

https://www.canadapost.ca/pca/

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!! Try comparing his eBay address on file (you will see it in the "Your Ebay Item Sold!" message you receive in e mail) with his PPal address (on ppal payment notification message ) - if they match it is probably correct as usually buyers do not enter the same mistake twice.  Hopefully you will see the missing numbers on the Sold message.

I often get buyers who forgot a number or their last or whole name! And usually find the mistake by comparing these two addresses - I hope this makes sense.

sending cheers

Message 6 of 6
latest reply