wHY CANT I LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, THERES NO OPTION FOR NEGATIVE, WHATS THE POINT

NO OPTION FOR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. JUST POSITIVE, REPORT A PROBLEM & ILL LEAVE FEEDBACK LATER. WHATS THE POINT IF I CANT LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK FOR NON PAYMENT

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

wHY CANT I LEAVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, THERES NO OPTION FOR NEGATIVE, WHATS THE POINT

There hasn't been negative feedback for buyers since 2008.  It wouldn't do much good anyways as sellers don't read the feedback of their buyers before they make the purchase.

Do make sure that you file an unpaid item claim when you can. You can close it 4 days after it is opened and you will then receive a fvf credit from eBay.  Also, the buyer then gets a non paying strike. Many sellers have their preferences set up so that a buyer with 2 strikes in the last year cannot make a purchase from them.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Feedback is just complaining to your friends.

Filing the Unpaid Item Dispute (which you can start 96 hours /4 days after purchase) is complaining to the police.

While the buyer doesn't get negative feedback,he gets a Strike against his account which makes it harder for him to bid on eBay in future.

Go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page to open an Unpaid Item Dispute.

When you win, you get your FVF back. Feedback doesn't do that for you.

BTW, he can't leave feedback either.

Go to your Seller Preferences next and option a Block against bidders with Unpaid Item Strikes. This will prevent the same problem arising agan.

And go to Manage Bidders and put a Block against this bidder. Remember to include a Block on communication.

If you are among the few sellers still using auctions, you can also Cancel bids from bidders who make you nervous. One way of checking that is to look at the feedback the bidder leaves for others.

Many negative or neutral FB is a bad thing, but so is FB that mentions 'solving problems' or 'cooperation'.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

"While the buyer doesn't get negative feedback,he gets a Strike against his account which makes it harder for him to bid on eBay in future."

At least that is the way it is supposed to work. But how can you tell. While Ebay does allow us to view feedbacks and other information about Ebayers, the one thing they refuse to let us see is the unpaid strikes.

As we all know Ebay does favor buyers in many areas, so when they say they will give a strike , I do wonder how factual that is. I for reasons out of my control received an unpaid strike, but it doesn't register on my account or at least nowhere that I could see it.

I think like the No Negative Feedback to buyers, unpaid strikes went like the DOE DOE .  I do think if some buyers grossly misrepresents himself in a common practice of not completing purchases , Ebay may step in, but I don't think they register strikes like they advertise. He or she is a buyer after all.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

@jersey..authentix wrote:

"While the buyer doesn't get negative feedback,he gets a Strike against his account which makes it harder for him to bid on eBay in future."

At least that is the way it is supposed to work. But how can you tell. While Ebay does allow us to view feedbacks and other information about Ebayers, the one thing they refuse to let us see is the unpaid strikes.

As we all know Ebay does favor buyers in many areas, so when they say they will give a strike , I do wonder how factual that is. I for reasons out of my control received an unpaid strike, but it doesn't register on my account or at least nowhere that I could see it.

I think like the No Negative Feedback to buyers, unpaid strikes went like the DOE DOE .  I do think if some buyers grossly misrepresents himself in a common practice of not completing purchases , Ebay may step in, but I don't think they register strikes like they advertise. He or she is a buyer after all.

If you don't think eBay issues non-payment strikes how do you explain the list of buyers (blocked buyer activity list) who are blocked because they have 2 strikes in the past 12 months?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 30
latest reply

And you have a list of these blocked buyers? I'm not saying that ebay does not give out strikes of some sort. I just don't think it's given the way we think it is. Not saying this is how it works because I dont have the prove either, but I wouldn't be surprised if it take more than a non completed sale to get a strike. Why then does Ebay not want to be transparent when it comes to striking a buyer. Let us see the strike on the individual's account. What's the big deal? Are they hiding something? MMMMM! 

But I'm a believer that Ebay themselves don't follow the letter. If they did we wouldn't need these threads.  I have experienced too often ebay contradicting their own policies. Especially when it comes to buyer vrs sellers. It's no secret that Ebay empowers buyers over sellers, so why so surprised?

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

I have heard of situations where a buyer  can continue to buy on eBay..

But... they can not file any kind of claim  against a seller for whatever excuse.

-----------------------------------------

Then there was a time  I reported a buyer....  via telephone  ... and the CS told me.... one more time and this buyer is gone....

-------------------------------------

Buyers do as they choose....  and think that there is nothing wrong...

until their actions  cause them to hit a brick wall and it is Good-bye  from eBay.

Buyers do not come here and tell us they have been suspended from eBay.....  but they do get suspended.... NARU.

The most important thing a seller can do is report a problem buyer....  They may be a problem this one time.....  or they may be a major pain  for many sellers

Just push that ... Report a Buyer ........button.....place your comments.....and move on...... 

and.....Learn from the experience

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

And you have a list of these blocked buyers?

If you have blocks set up for unpaid item strikes you probably have a list of buyers who have been unable to make a purchase from you.

My account  - site preferences - buyer requirements - buyer requirements activity log

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerRequirementsActivityLog

Why then does Ebay not want to be transparent when it comes to striking a buyer. Let us see the strike on the individual's account. What's the big deal? Are they hiding something? MMMMM! 

Which business gives out personal information about buyers like that?  What good would it do you anyway?

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If you have blocks set up for unpaid item strikes you probably have a list of buyers who have been unable to make a purchase ....

My account  - site preferences - buyer requirements - buyer requirements activity log

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerRequirementsActivityLog

Thanks for the link, I knew it existed, but I always wondered where eBay had that info buried.

I checked and I see that in the last 60 days I had 2 buyers blocked because they had too many unpaid strikes. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

"Which business gives out personal information about buyers like that?  What good would it do you anyway?"

WHAT?? Go on any buyers or sellers Ebay ID and you right away get feedback history , purchase history , when that person started that account, how many account name changes to that account, how many bid retractions that person made. Pretty personal to me, no?

I would like to know as much as possible about any buyer that I have suspicion about. I personally would like to see how many times this person has not completed a sale, just as I want to see feedback activity and so on. Its just good common sense and practice to be able to screen buyers if you feel there is a need. I would mind if ebay went even farther. 

I have to experience non payers more than I care. Not that it's a large percentage of my buyers but then again I don't have a large percentage of buyers.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

I just have one on that list, and the buyer's name is redacted.

Unless his eBay ID is "." which seems unlikely.

We do see complaints from time to time, especially on the dotCOM Buyer Board, from bidders who have been Blocked. Some of those may be because of Strikes.

But it should be clearer to the buyer that he has been naughty.

Go on any buyers or sellers Ebay ID and you right away get... Pretty personal to me, no?

Yes and no. None of that information is negative as such. Sellers may be wary of bid retractions, but they are not actually a violation. Perhaps eBay doesn't want to be hit with a slander suit?

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

"Yes and no. None of that information is negative as such. Sellers may be wary of bid retractions, but they are not actually a violation. Perhaps eBay doesn't want to be hit with a slander suit?"

I understand what your saying, but if we are unable to give buyers a negative because Ebay doesn't want to drive away buyers then is it so far fetched that Ebay may not play by the same rules and change how they give strikes. Iike I said earlier , Who knows. Ebay doesnt want to be transparent in this and it's their company . They will do what they want.

I recently had this issue where a buyer didn't pay, caused me some grief afterwards and I placed him on my no bid list. To my surprise he BINed another item and once again did not pay. Checked to see if somehow I didn't put his ID in correctly. I did correctly, but decided to delete it and try again. Haven't heard from him since. Glitch? Maybe. There has been a lot of threads that have questioned how Ebay has conducted themselves against their own policies. Thats all Im saying. Don't believe everything Ebay tells you.

Like the great intellectual Fox Mulder once said "  I WANT TO BELIEVE"

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

"Might have been on the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong side." -- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Many years ago there was a discussion group on eBay.com where buyers were... targeted.

The sellers were a very, very vicious group.  It was very hard to read the discussions.

Buyers were targeted..... but it was the sellers that were doing..."wrong"

Many times  the discussion sounded like a combination of Dodge City, OK Corral  and High Noon....

Shoot first and never ask questions.

That discussion group disappeared.....  and things settled down.

---------------------------------------------------

Today its is  .... No Negatives for a buyer.... that is the official record  as evidenced by positive feedback...It is what everyone sees.... but there are ways to block buyers from bidding and buying.

---------------------------------------------------

Today we also have a ... Report a buyer .....option.......It is the responsibility of a seller to Report a Buyer.

Both buyers.... and  sellers.... must understand that having too many  "Report a Buyer" situations   can put someone in the wrong.

Also it is the type of report  that must be considered.... How "bad" was the buyer.....

and eventually a buyer could end up in trouble....

A "smart scammer" will choose to quit before they are caught...

However..  eBay does "remember"....  Reports do add up, and the more unacceptable the action  the  more negative the effect on the buyer.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Many years ago there was a discussion group on eBay.com where buyers were... targeted.

The sellers were a very, very vicious group.  It was very hard to read the discussions.

Buyers were targeted..... but it was the sellers that were doing..."wrong"

Today 

there was a discussion group on eBay.com where sellers were... targeted.

The buyers were a very, very vicious group.  It was very hard to read the discussions.

Sellers were targeted..... but it was the buyers that were doing..."wrong"

Today we also have a ... Report a buyer .....option.......It is the responsibility of a seller to Report a Buyer.

Both buyers.... and  sellers.... must understand that having too many  "Report a Buyer" situations   can put someone in the wrong.

Also it is the type of report  that must be considered.... How "bad" was the buyer.....

and eventually a buyer could end up in trouble....

And that's the way it is supposed to work. The question is how many times a buyer needs to be reported and how many times does a buyer need to non pay on a transaction before Ebay Excommunicates a Buyer.

We do have the ability to block buyers only after they have committed the act. If Ebay would act on non payers , reported buyers or even sellers, then maybe we would not have to deal as much with these individuals.

Case and point.( I have to use sellers as an example because I can't see negs for buyers.)I have seen and Im sure many have seen as well some pretty bad rating for some sellers, but there they are. I've seen where sellers are gouging buyers with shipping charges, but there they are. Im sure the same consideration is given to Buyers?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

If Ebay could be more transparent about their buyers as they are with sellers it would make for a better community. Not saying we should give negs, just a bit better history of the buyer.Cat Tongue

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

Thanks to all for respondind. But a friend of mine got a negative feedback a month ago and I just received a neutral, so I don't know about this not being allowed since 2008?. Also I just received a neutral on a toy car after accepting a 33% off offer and his complaint was the interior was dirty. The interior is plastic so if its dirty windex works great. But when I went to reply to defend my record it told me I couldn't leave a reply to feedback I don't have? , but I do have it. So is the whole feedback thing become a waist of time

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

The reason is because Ebay caters to buyers, not sellers.  They are scared that if they don't give buyers all the advantages that they wont buy here, which is ridiculous.   They claim that if they gave sellers back the right to neg, that it would be used to retaliate, the problem is buyers are just as likely to do that and they still have the right to do it.   

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@dr-quest wrote:

Thanks to all for responding. But a friend of mine got a negative feedback a month ago and I just received a neutral, so I don't know about this not being allowed since 2008?. Also I just received a neutral on a toy car after accepting a 33% off offer and his complaint was the interior was dirty. The interior is plastic so if its dirty Windex works great. But when I went to reply to defend my record it told me I couldn't leave a reply to feedback I don't have? , but I do have it. So is the whole feedback thing become a waist of time

Sellers cannot give buyers negative or neutral feedback since 2008.

Buyers can give sellers negative or neutral feedback. This never changed.

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

It should though, buyers and sellers should be on a level playing field. 

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@dark_phoenix9273 wrote:

It should though, buyers and sellers should be on a level playing field. 

Why?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 20 of 30
latest reply