Blackthorne gone, Turbo lister TOO SLOW, any options ?

I use to use Blackthorne, and I loved it because it was so quick making new listings.

now that it is gone, I had to switch back to the turbo lister that ebay offers, but I waste so much time waiting for pictures to load when I duplicate an auction, then so much time when I double click it.  after I switch pictures, more waiting, then in and out of the description section, then more waiting when I hit save. 

I tried a few other online versions, like Auctiva, but hate it.

has anyone else found a good replacement for blackthorne, something that was as good, but much faster then turbo lister?

I hate the time I am wasting waiting for turbo lister to refresh and update photos.

I have a brand new Acer aspire system, 8 gb DDR3 ram, intel J2900 processor on windows 8 and 1 TB drive.

I don't think It is my system, I had an old HP desktop and it even ran slow on that, (that is why I jumped to blackthorne, and it worked great on the HP)

thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Many Blackthorne users went with SixBit Solutions. It is made by the same developers that made Blackthorne. It runs from your computer like Blackthorne.

Form posts I have read in the eBay.com USA forums, it is similar to Blackthorne but is missing some features and has others not in Blackthorne. There are some complaints that SixBit is more expensive than Blackthorne.

You will have to learn the new software and try it for a while to see if you can adapt to it.

Do an internet search on SixBit to find their website for more info and pricing. I will place a link here but it may be deleted by the forums moderators as advertising.

http://www.sixbitsoftware.com/

PS Another solution is to use eBay Selling Manager Pro which is free for Premium and Anchor Stores. It is an online tool and uses the Sell Your Item form. I have used the SM pro tool in the past and found it more reliable than Turbo Lister. But it is not as good a tool as Blackthorne or SixBit from what I read. Here is information on SM Pro:

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/sellingresources/sellingmanagerpro.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I tried sixbit, I hated it even more than turbo lister. like you said missing some features that blackthorne had, so I just cancelled my subscription and defaulted back to turbolister.  was hoping by now something better would have come along, but I don't see anything out there 3rd party that is even worth spending 1 penny on.  the cost isn't the issue (for me at least), that is why I liked both the price and features/ease of use with blackthorne. 

thanks for the reply, i'll keep looking and waiting.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

saljm
Community Member

I tried all the listing tools, one called wonderlister is close, sixbit cannot handle lover 2000 listings as the database explodes and you need to upgrade to a $1200 server solution, auctiva does not keep listings past 90 days...

@ezrecreation wrote:

I use to use Blackthorne, and I loved it because it was so quick making new listings.

now that it is gone, I had to switch back to the turbo lister that ebay offers, but I waste so much time waiting for pictures to load when I duplicate an auction, then so much time when I double click it.  after I switch pictures, more waiting, then in and out of the description section, then more waiting when I hit save. 

I tried a few other online versions, like Auctiva, but hate it.

has anyone else found a good replacement for blackthorne, something that was as good, but much faster then turbo lister?

I hate the time I am wasting waiting for turbo lister to refresh and update photos.

I have a brand new Acer aspire system, 8 gb DDR3 ram, intel J2900 processor on windows 8 and 1 TB drive.

I don't think It is my system, I had an old HP desktop and it even ran slow on that, (that is why I jumped to blackthorne, and it worked great on the HP)

thanks for any advice.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply