Canada post ruins the ebay experience

leogexx
Community Member

Recently I sold some items on ebay (I try this once a year usually) and with the shipping costs by Canada Post and the ebay fees ,it really doesn't seem to be  worth the time and effort to sell on ebay unless you have small envelope sized items or items you know will fetch a decent price. I find the high cost of Canadian shipping scares customers away or really effects the selling price . I have even had a customer (long time ago ) give me a negative for what the canadapost rates were.

Message 1 of 208
latest reply
207 REPLIES 207

Zombie thread from 2012.

Message 201 of 208
latest reply

I am also from nl and to ship I 2lb envelope to BC is $15 and what I sell was only $5
Message 202 of 208
latest reply

What is the site you use now instead of EBay and PayPal. I have never sold anything and I have a ring approx $1,000. I want to sell this without a loss. Any advice

Message 203 of 208
latest reply

Does Costco have a shipping department ?  If so is it much less express

Message 204 of 208
latest reply

I don't think that it is a good idea for a brand new seller to sell a $1000 item here.   I've been selling a long time and I would be hesitant to sell an item that expensive online.

Message 205 of 208
latest reply

Agree with you %100 and some items i ordered the delivery time pass due the time frame giving and some they don't even delivered at all very bad . i stop selling on ebay .

Message 206 of 208
latest reply

A  ZOMBIE thread from 2012, so the only relevance is that shipping with Canada Post or any other carrier isn't going to change no matter whether it is eBay or any other selling venue.  Shipping costs are not the fault of the selling venue. Shipping costs are what they are and we all deal with those costs the best we can.

Message 207 of 208
latest reply

Hey everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 208 of 208
latest reply