Changing selling currency and measures (kilo and cm to pounds and ounces) in selling auction

I sell on Ebay since 10 years.  I did not sell since about one year.

It seems to have been a lot of changes...

I tried to make an auction and I cannot find the way to change the currency and weight and measures of the parcel.

I would like use USD and US measures for my auction as I did hundreds of time in the past years.  How could I do ????

I am from Quebec, Canada

Thank a lot.

Greg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Changing selling currency and measures (kilo and cm to pounds and ounces) in selling auction

I'm not familiar with turbolister but if you are using the sell your item form on ebay, you have to use the advanced listing form to list in U.S. dollars. To switch from the default quick listing form to the advanced one click on the link on the top right.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

While you can use Imperial measures in your description , and probably should since most sellers find most of their buyers are in the USA, the only country still formally using that system, I would strongly advise you to use metric dimensions and weights for shipping.

Canada Post went metric in 1974 and any other measuring system is little more than guesswork. Rates change on a millimetre or a gram. An error can be very expensive.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Thank you

Greg

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@greg999hunt wrote:

I would like use ... US measures for my auction ....

On the advanced sellers form go to the Add shipping details section

Next to the title click on the link  Add or remove options for Shipping

The option you want is Measurement Units

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for your advice,

It is just before today I was able to sell in USD and put the weight and measures in imperial.

Now I solve the problem

Greg

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

If you are using the Simplified Sell Your Item form on eBaydotCA, you will only have Canadian dollars available to you.

But click on the dropdown menu under Sell; that should get you the Advanced form which is several pages long and has the option of selling in US dollars.

If you were selling on eBaydotCOM, then only US dollars and USPS shipping rates would be available on either version of the SYI form, and you would be forced to use Flat Rate Shipping.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

But click on the dropdown menu under Sell; that should get you the Advanced form which is several pages long and has the option of selling in US dollars.

I'm not positive but I think that clicking on Sell will take you to the advanced form only if that was the form that was used for the previous listing. If the seller normally uses the quick listing form, clicking on Sell will probably give them the quick form.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Hi Greg - I am a Canadian P.Seller that sells about 80% to the USA and I insist that all of my listings and info on everything is in metric.

I post sizes of the parcel in each and every ad in metric. I use that info on Canada Post, PayPal, etc. There has never been one person to ask for imperial sizes be posted. Stay with what you are comfortable with I say. You are using Canada Post, for shipping, right? Canada Post is better adapted to use metric. EBay.ca is suited for metric so ...... "when in Rome......"

Now if someone could explain why the heck the USA has not changed to metric - I would be very grateful.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply