Do I need Inkfrog anymore?

I have been using Inkfrog for many years. Initially, it was to be able to have multiple photos for free. Recent upgrades have caused me to pick a new template as the old one won't work anymore, which is ok but I don't know if it's worth the trouble . Inkfrog is often glitchy and many times my photos aren't showing in the listing anyway due to these glitches. I mean, they show up in the ebay photo section but not in my template quite often. Today, as I wait for technical help for the latest problem (wonky image page on their site), I'm just wondering if I need them at all. 

Have ebay changes made the need for Inkfrog obsolete? Are there listing or photo fees that I am not aware of on top of the listing fees I already pay if I get rid of Inkfrog all together. I have about 2000 listings that |I want to create but I'm tired of wasting time with Inkfrog if there is no upside.

Why do I need Inkfrog?

Thank you very much for any advice.

I wasn't sure where to put this so I am asking it in two places. I hope that's ok.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

eBay is planning big changes for Stores this year.  I posted a link on the Seller Central board.  You can view the discussion and follow the link to the eCommerbytes article.

Store Changes

I have never used Inkfrog but I have used Seller Sourcebook for several years.  The site and service are outstanding.  I began using that site for free templates,  to have a place to store my listings, to add additional photos and to schedule listings free of charge.  There is an annual fee but it is well worth the price.  I plan to continue using it until others have tried the new Stores format and given their feedback on it.  Also I will wait until they work out the inevitable glitches that always accompany changes and will decide at that time whether or not I want to make a change. 

Others that have used Inkfrog can advise you on whether or not you need it since I am not familiar with it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Actually I should update this to say that I love Inkfrog! again and still. I'm not good at change and I'm easily confused when learning new Listers, etc. I got frustrated and I wanted to leave based on fear and assumptions from reading comments by other comfused users on their forums. Now that I have made the switch to Inkfrog Open, I love it!! It is very useful and I feel bad that this question is still circulating because I don't want to make them look bad by asking. At the time ebay users were the right people to ask. I wish I could delete it for that reason. 

I need Inkfrog because they store photos and allow me to save and schedule listings. Inkfrog rocks. Their customer service is also very good. They always respond right away and they were very kind and helpful when confronted with my worries which I now see made no sense.

I'm sorry I doubted you Inkfrog!

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

eBay is planning big changes for Stores this year.  I posted a link on the Seller Central board.  You can view the discussion and follow the link to the eCommerbytes article.

Store Changes

I have never used Inkfrog but I have used Seller Sourcebook for several years.  The site and service are outstanding.  I began using that site for free templates,  to have a place to store my listings, to add additional photos and to schedule listings free of charge.  There is an annual fee but it is well worth the price.  I plan to continue using it until others have tried the new Stores format and given their feedback on it.  Also I will wait until they work out the inevitable glitches that always accompany changes and will decide at that time whether or not I want to make a change. 

Others that have used Inkfrog can advise you on whether or not you need it since I am not familiar with it.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you very much for your reply.I will definitely read the thread you mentioned. I'm going to give straight ebay a go for my new listings. (The ebay lister thing that is. I forget the name of it right now, not just basic ebay) I have about 800 listings with a broken template that must be redone and Inkfrogs new image system is not going to work at all. Imagine hundreds of folders containing thousands of images and they are not alphabetical.. You have to type and search for everything. Can't use spaces anymore in the naming of folders. Not sure what will happen to the ones that already do. I'm so tired of troubleshooting both ebay and inkfrog to find out where the gliches are. And most especially if ebay is making changes they will have to catch up to ebay and that usually means Canadian changes are done last if at all. They are a great company and will work well for others I'm sure, especially those in the USA. (I don't want to bash them as I've always received good customer service from them.)

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

turbo lister is all you need
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@gymyd wrote:
turbo lister is all you need

You are replying to a topic last updated in 2014. Your recommendation on using Turbo Lister is as out of date as this old topic, lol.

eBay announced months ago that Turbo Lister is to be discontinued in June 2017. It might be delayed a few months but eBay has no intention of continuing with a Windows based listing tool. eBay has committed to the eBay Seller Hub which is supposed to have some capabilities of Turbo Lister. Supposedly that is the ability to upload and download listings for working offline and to backup listings.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Actually I should update this to say that I love Inkfrog! again and still. I'm not good at change and I'm easily confused when learning new Listers, etc. I got frustrated and I wanted to leave based on fear and assumptions from reading comments by other comfused users on their forums. Now that I have made the switch to Inkfrog Open, I love it!! It is very useful and I feel bad that this question is still circulating because I don't want to make them look bad by asking. At the time ebay users were the right people to ask. I wish I could delete it for that reason. 

I need Inkfrog because they store photos and allow me to save and schedule listings. Inkfrog rocks. Their customer service is also very good. They always respond right away and they were very kind and helpful when confronted with my worries which I now see made no sense.

I'm sorry I doubted you Inkfrog!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Are your listings going to be compatible with the 'no-active content' rule coming in June?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If I understand correctly, they will have certain parts deactivated. I used the preview button provided by ebay to view my listings with those parts deactivated. My photos still show up in the listing as does my description, well enough. i will create all new listings using the template builder in Inkfrog Open, from now on. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

STILL USING TURBO LISTER  AND IT IS WORKING  GREAT  AND EBAY SAYS IT IS STILL AVAILABLE 

HOPE THEY NEVER GET RID OF IT  IT IS A GOOD TOOL  FOR  CREATING LISTINGS  AND BULK LOADING ITEMS TO EBAY 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 10
latest reply