How do I get the most American exposure when selling an item from Canada?

USA buyers have to press the canadian link to get canadian listing how do I sell to the most American buyers.most of my sail have been to Canadians lack of exposed has cost me.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Many regular posters would love to help you.  However, we need to see who you are, what your listings look like, etc...

Posting under your buying ID leaves me with nowhere to look.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I would love to know that too. Sometimes I go weeks without a US buyer when in the past 90% of my sales were US. I still use the same ship to info as before.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If the listing has shipping set up correctly for the U.S., American buyers will see the listing on ebay. com. They don't need to click on any special Canadian link.

As Pierre mentioned, it is difficult to give you any specific advice when we can't see your listings.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Looking under his feedback as a seller it appears he sells Comic Books.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That's right I sometimes sell comic books I currently. Have a listing hulk #271. I think I originally. Set up my account with eBay.ca how can I tell if I did, and how do I change to ebay.com?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Where your account is set up does not matter.  It is irrelevant.

You can list on whatever eBay site you want: eBay.ca, eBay.com, eBay.uk, eBay.fr, etc....

To make sure your listing is seen across eBay, more importantly on eBay.com, you must:

1) select USA as a country you ship to

2) provide a shipping method and shipping charge for shipment to the USA.

Your current listing does not do that.  In fact it is not shown anywhere but Canada since that is the only shipping charge you have indicated in your listing.  The fact you have selected "ship worldwide" is meaningless unless you show a shipping method and shipping charge to "worldwide"

Personally, I find Cdn$17+ shipping charge "economy to Canada" to be grossly excessive for a comic book. And most potential buyers will feel that way.  Some will simply hit the "back" button while others will lower their bids to account for the high shipping charge.  Keep in mind that you pay full Final Value Fees (FVF) on the shipping charge.

Have you checked what other eBay Canadian sellers charge for shipping a comic book within Canada?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply