How to proceed selling CanadaPost eBay Partnered

Hello everyone, I have this question I've been trying to get answered at eBay.com

How do I proceed selling with the new Canada Post tool shown when trying to list an item. In details if possible.

I'm a new seller but bought on eBay for a few years. I know I have to package it first before typing in the dimensions and weight

but is the shipping price static to the buyer's whereabouts? Like when I buy something, the shipping price is calculated approximately with my Postal Code or is this another USA only thing like the GSP. Any additional information is appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@hazewadhosts wrote:

I have this question I've been trying to get answered at eBay.com

How do I proceed selling with the new Canada Post tool shown when trying to list an item. In details if possible.

I'm a new seller but bought on eBay for a few years. I know I have to package it first before typing in the dimensions and weight but is the shipping price static to the buyer's whereabouts? Like when I buy something, the shipping price is calculated approximately with my Postal Code...

Are you listing on eBay.com or eBay.ca ?

If on .ca your domestic (Canada) choices are:

_ "Flat" - same cost to all locations, perfect for lettermail size packages (max of 2cm thick, under 500g)

_ "Freight" - for the bulky and heavy stuff

_ "No shipping" - local pick up only, another flavour of kijiji

and

_ "Calculated" - which calculates the cost based on your shipping location, the buyers location, and the parcel's weight and size.  Which sounds like what you're asking about.  Each buyer only sees the cost that applies to them at their location.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

my best advice, is to READ READ READ the instructions and screen messages, and to experiment a little and to expect making mistakes. Also, go to the canadapost website to check on rates. DO NOT for a moment think that shipping through eBay will ever be easy, and DO NOT ship without tracking, eBay is very, very, very, very generous with returns if you do not have tracking. You will lose the full 100% amount if the customer even breaths, "i didnt get it!". Good luck.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@hazewadhosts wrote:

I have this question I've been trying to get answered at eBay.com

I'm a new seller but bought on eBay for a few years. I know I have to package it first before typing in the dimensions and weight but is the shipping price static to the buyer's whereabouts? Like when I buy something, the shipping price is calculated approximately with my Postal Code...

Are you listing on eBay.com or eBay.ca ?

If on .ca your domestic (Canada) choices are:

_ "Flat" - same cost to all locations, perfect for lettermail size packages (max of 2cm thick, under 500g)

_ "Freight" - for the bulky and heavy stuff

_ "No shipping" - local pick up only, another flavour of kijiji

and

_ "Calculated" - which calculates the cost based on your shipping location, the buyers location, and the parcel's weight and size.  Which sounds like what you're asking about.  Each buyer only sees the cost that applies to them at their location.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

And always use METRIC measurements.

Canada Post went metric in 1974, forty years ago.

Any other measurement will be an approximation.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply